Official

"We have confirmation that Mary Ellen Helms has, in fact, married the father of her son. A marriage certificate has been filed in the state of Nevada for Grayson Edwards, who is an attorney, and Mary Ellen Helms."

I was listening to the radio when I stepped out of the shower, it was music until celebrity news came on.

"It's Edwards now, asshole." I heard Grayson mutter, then spit.

Grayson was brushing his teeth, and his eyes about popped out of his head when I opened the shower door.

"I know," I said, and he gargled as he stared at me then spit again.

"That wasn't their last night." He pointed out.

I laughed. "It does seem like it just popped out overnight, there's no hiding it much longer."

He laughed.

"What?"

"You've been showing for weeks, and those people are slow with the news." He pulled me into his arms.

"There's something about seeing your naked pregnant belly that makes drives me insane." He trailed kisses down my neck and gets himself soaking wet.

"I'm having you for breakfast this morning." He said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah"

He made true to his promise, just like every morning and night.

We've been married for a month now. Jacob got used to the idea, especially when Grayson had the red Impala shipped here, and now they spend their free time in the garage.

I know Grayson hates California. He's made all the sacrifices by coming here, and I've made none. He misses the house he built himself and his family, he's especially close with his father.

I've been working a lot to film Warrior further into the season to hide my pregnant belly. Nobody wants to watch a fat pregnant lady kicking ass on the screen, so I have to work ahead.

We are laying in bed, and he's reading over notes from work, while I was studying a script.

"Let's go to your place until the baby is born," I suggested. "That way your parents can be there, and it won't be as stuffy with the media as it is here in L.A."

"I have work." He said.

"Come to work with me, manage my affairs and contracts. You could probably pick up a few clients of your own. I know you like your job, but if you quit Alistair, you won't have to travel without me. Maybe have your own firm, that would be a good investment. We could maybe spend more time back home if you want. Maybe even enroll Jacob in school back there?"

He lowered his papers and looked over at me. "You'd do that for me?" He looked shocked.

"I'd do anything for you." I kissed him. "I'll face my mother for you, Grayson. I'll hang on to this house for when I'm working, but if you're handling my affairs, we can schedule it around my work."

"The man is supposed to support his family." He said.

"We will be earning all this together, neither one earning more than the other, but a partnership. You know some people call it a marriage." I laugh.

"I'll think about it." He looked away, and acted like he didn't care, but turned back around. "I don't need to think about it. Let's do it."

He placed his hand on my belly. "I can't wait to hold her."

"Maybe it's him," I said, but he shook his head.

"This is our daughter, I can feel it."

"We can find out next week." I offered.

"You can if you want, but I'm telling you it's a girl." He's certain.

"I say we wager." I gave him a sly grin.

"Oh yeah? What're the stakes?" He's grinning ear to ear.

"If it's a boy, I get strawberry sundaes in bed for a whole week and foot massages."

"You already get that." He laughed. "Let's make it any one favor in bed for a week. Your choice, but if it's a girl I get the same."

"I don't know, that could be dangerous for me." I laughed.

He set his file down on the nightstand, then reached over and tickled me. "I'm going to pee if you don't stop!" I was laughing, until he held my wrists down.

"You have no idea just how dangerous it could get." He starts acting like he was growling and munching on my neck while I kicked my feet and laughed. His stubble ticked as much as his lips.

"I'm 100% confident it's a girl, so pick whatever you want, but I'll win." He looked down at me and brushed my hair out of my face.

"I still can't believe I married the geek of my dreams." He said, and I smacked his arm. He rubbed his stubble on me again.

"I love you so much, Mary Ellen Edwards." He gave me an Eskimo kiss, and I swear I've not laughed this hard since years ago when we would play.

"I can't believe I married the cocky, egotistical, jock of my dreams," I said, and he tickled me even harder.

"I'm not egotistical."

"But you'll admit to being cocky?" He just looked at me seriously, before he busted out laughing. "Okay, maybe I have a tiny ego."

"Tiny compared to what, earth?" I giggled.

He laid a hand on my belly.

"Why do you want a girl so bad?" I asked.

He looked up and gave me a cheesy grin.

"Because the world needs more girls like you." He put his ear down on my belly. "She kicked my ear."

"Maybe he is just fiesty," I responded.

"I can't wait to hold her. I know she's going to look just like you, and she's going to be so smart." He kissed my belly.

"It's funny how just six months ago, I lived in a quiet house and really didn't have much of a good outlook on life. I didn't think I'd ever get you back, and now I'm in your bed, married to the only woman I've ever loved, with our son sleeping a few doors down, and my wife is pregnant. I have everything I ever dreamed of, Mary Ellen, not one thing is missing."

Damn pregnancy hormones.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He cupped my face.

"I'm just happy."