His Announcement

Mary Ellen

I was at my locker a few weeks after the first night he took me out, when I felt arms wrap around me and my hair get pushed to the side.  Then I shiver when I feel his lips against my skin.

"You're going to get another demerit, Grayson."  I warned him, he already got in trouble last week for the same thing, but it doesn't seem to phase him.

"I don't care." He squeezes me tighter. 

"Your friends are watching." I told him.

"Who cares?"  He responded.

"You should, they're all pointing and laughing." I reached up and grabbed my folder.

"Let them, because someday, they're the ones that will have the regrets, not us."

Every night, no matter where I'm at, he's always waiting.  He stands outside Mrs. Loudens door after voice lessons, outside the studio, and even work, and we now see each other every single day outside of school.

I went to his allstar games, and he really is a very talented quarterback.

I turned around.  "I don't want them to treat you the way they do me."  We started walking together to my next class.

"Let them, I feel invincible with you at my side."  He gave me a cheesy grin.

We held hands as he walked me to my class and pecked my cheek "See you at lunch."

I haven't said anything to him, but when he's not around the same group, led by Kathryn of course, they mumble and laugh when I walk by, and it's worse than ever.  One day, I heard her say, "I can't believe she's still falling for it."  They all laughed at me.

Another day her little minion, Allison, said something about D-day being graduation day, and they have plans tonight.

"If I was Mary I'd be scared shitless, it's going to be epic."  They laughed.

Who says epic? 

We have commencement rehearsal this afternoon, and tomorrow is graduation. I'll never step foot in this building again after tomorrow.

I sat down at the lunch table, and it wasn't two minutes later I felt a kiss on my cheek.  The stares from everyone didn't go unnoticed.

"What's wrong?"  He looked concerned as he sat down across from me. 

I shrugged my shoulders.  "They're all staring and giving me dirty looks."  He looked around and saw it for himself. I could see the anger rise up on his face, then he smiled at me like he has a plan.

He went to stand up, but I grabbed his hand.  "Don't do anything, please." 

"This is my battle too, Mary Ellen."

"Please, Grayson."

He let go of my hand and climbed up on his seat.

"Could I have everyone's attention, please?  You're all probably wondering why Mary Ellen and I spend so much time together these days."

I could hear whispers.

"To those of you that has ever felt bullied or threatened by me, I apologize.  I learned a very hard lesson recently, if you don't take the time to know a person, and you're just mean to them for one reason or another, you're really cheating yourselves. 

I've learned so much over the past few months, things she opened my eyes to, and one of those things I learned is, you may find the best friend right under your nose if you open your eyes and truly see that person.

A few weeks ago, Mary Ellen and I started seing each other after school.  It's been the best few weeks of my life, and I'm deeply and madly in love with her, and I couldn't care less what any of you have to say. 

Someday, I'll marry this girl, and you all can sit back and reap what you sow.  You'll be lonely, but I'll have a great girl to spend my time with, so enjoy your misery.  I won't be sharing in it."

I covered my eyes in humiliation, but was surprised when people started hooting and clapping.

He loves me?

Later that night, he pulled his car up to our favorite spot and threw it into park.  "Don't move."  He jumps out and opens the door for me like usual.  Only this time when I stood, he swung me around and sat down in the passenger seat, then pulled me on top of him. 

"What are you doing?"  I laughed.

"Just holding my girl."  He moved my hair out of my face and kissed me, when he pulled back he looked at me.  "I meant what I said today, I am in love with you." 

"I love you too."  I said, and his eyes grew big and he kissed me again, then lifted me so I could straddle him.

I rocked my hips to grind against him, and our kiss turned raw with desperation.

I almost jumped when I felt my bra unsnap, his hand moved around and squeezed my breast while his mouth trailed hot air down my neck.

"I'm ready, Grayson." I breathed out.

He moaned against my lips, as my hips showed him exactly how ready I am. 

He pulled back. "Not in my car."  He breathed against my lips.

"Then where?"

"My parents and Oliver are out of town until morning."  He said.

"Take me there."  I can barely get enough air.

"Are you sure?"

"God ,yes."  I breathed out as he kissed my neck. 

"Let's go."  He doesn't waste a second, and we were on the road.