For Tristan (Sneak Peek)

Book #1 in the Tristan series

What happens when you ignore love at first sight?  What about ignoring fate?

Find out as Damien and Lily find eachother once again in this steamy romance that takes you from their teenage years, to their journey to parenting a young boy named Tristan.  Blood doesn't always run thicker than water as they both learn.

This story will make you laugh, cry, and things do get a little hot. 

Damien and Lily's story is a mature read, intended for people over the age of eighteen.  As with all my stories, the music attached means something to the book.  I would advise listening to the songs when they're attached to a chapter.
🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃

Chapter One

Lily

"Damn, it's as hot as a nun in a cucumber patch," Dad said as he pulled a handkerchief out of his back pocket and wiped the sweat from his brow.

"Dad! Seriously!" I stared down at my feet as I walked between him and my cousin Bianca. My attempt to hide from my embarrassment was futile. Bianca appreciated my father's quirky personality. Me? Not so much.

Dad peered at me like I had two heads. "What?" He asked with confusion written all over his face.

"That's not appropriate. There are people everywhere." I reminded him. 

"So." He said as he half shrugged. 

"So?" I frowned, wondering how he could think it was appropriate? "You can't speak like that in public. It's your company picnic. Aren't you worried people will get the wrong idea of you and think your behaving unprofessional?"

He laughed. "Since when does an ironworker care about being professional?"

He stops at the picnic table and pulls a beer out of his cooler. "Do you want a beer?" He offers. And before I realized what I was doing, I gave myself a facepalm.

"Dad, I'm fifteen-years-old. The last time I checked, that wasn't the legal drinking age." Bianca started to reach into the cooler, but I slapped her hand away.

"There's pop over there." I pointed toward the coolers lined up under the shelter.

"You're such a party pooper." Bianca pouted, before walking over to grab herself a drink.

"You're one straight-laced kid. We need to take a DNA test, because I don't think you're mine." Dad chuckled as my mother smacked him on the arm.

"Darren, leave the kid alone." She walked over and kissed me on the temple. "Ignore him, sweetie. Now, Darren, be generous and help out on the grills, and Lily, go work the duck game."

I was happy to help, because I love children. That was until I met a little demon named Jack.

"Pick any duck you want, then flip it over and tell me the number. The number on the bottom will tell us what prize you win." I instructed him while his grey eyes scanned all the ducks.