Chapter Sixty-Four

~*Sayuri*~

Okay, so I’d be lying if I said I didn’t know she was there, but I promise, I definitely didn’t think she’d be civilized enough to ask politely for a talk. Seriously, if it was a few days ago she’d have sneered and asked what else I wanted to steal from her; like I ever stole anything in the first place.

Now, any normal person probably would’ve ignored her and walked away. Unfortunately, I was never normal, and I was always way too nice according to someone I really don’t want to think about right now.

So, as much as I might’ve wanted to ignore her, I turned to her anyway. I have to admit, I’m surprised, she actually looks kind of nervous, if that’s even the right word. Basically, she didn’t look like she was about to skin me alive.

“Look, before you say anything, I just want to--” she pauses at my raised hand.

“Hold on. Why do suddenly think I’m going to say something? If you want to say something, just say it, I’m not going to stop you. I’m not in a good mood right now, and I really just want to go home, so if whatever it is you want to say is going to be quick, then please don’t keep me waiting.” I say, staring at her shocked face. Frankly, I don’t see what there is to be shocked about.

Fine, so maybe I was a bit harsh, but I did say I’m not in a good mood. Just saying…

Finally she sighs and begins. Weirdly enough, I kind of thought she would leave. “Alright, uh, I was thinking,” she starts, looking at me like I was going to stop her, even though I just said I wouldn’t. “That, uh, maybe I was a bit harsh at homecoming, and I just wanted you to know that I forgive you and you can come back to the team now!” she ends with a grin that soon fades when she sees my face.

“You forgive me?! So it wasn’t just last week that you were trying to make my life a living hell and that would ‘make sure that the whole school knew who I really was’. Now you’re saying you forgive me?! Sakura, I honestly could care less if you forgive me or not. And no, I’m not coming back to the team. Just in case you didn’t notice, I have better things to do than jump around waving pompoms!”

So with that, I turn and walk-slash-stomp, to my car only to find the only other person I did expect to see leaning on a nearby wall talking to the other person I don’t want to see.

Just in case you happen to be confused, Sasuke is talking to Kaori who looks like she just won an argument or something like that; I really couldn’t care less.

“Just give it up Sasuke, she doesn’t like you!” She glares at him, but his straight face doesn’t falter. Call me slow, or whatever, but I just noticed that they were talking about me.

“You know, if you were going to talk about me, you might as well do it to my face” I say, looking right at Kaori.

She huffs and rolls her eyes, “Great, and while I’m at it, I’ll little miss pinky over there to mind her own business, like you were supposed to be doing.” She glares at me before leaving.

With a sigh, I turn to Sasuke who looks rather unemotional. So like my mother told me to, I get straight to the point without any turns, and beeline right for the topic I tried avoiding since exactly two days ago.

“Sasuke, about what happened a few days ago…” he turns to me and I almost retrace my steps, but for some reason, aka my mother, I continue. “I know I didn’t exactly give a very good answer, and I …”

“Don’t worry about it, its fine” he turns to leave, but I am not about to stop now.

“No! I worried about it all weekend, and it’s not fine.” I take deep breaths to calm myself, but it doesn’t seem to be working. “I don’t know if the offer still stands, but…I love you too.”