Chapter 2: Change

Start from the beginning

"You need to be unrecognizable." She whispered. He groaned but agreed to the doctor's plan. She giggled and talked to the stylist about what to do with his hair.

"We can dye it and style it differently, what color do you want Iza?" Sakura asked, wanting him to have some type of choice. Izaya thought for a minute before pointing at a color.

The stylist nodded. "Okay do you want me to give you short bangs? Or do you want it slicked back?" She asked kindly.

"Slicked back." He replied, he would look more unrecognizable that way. The stylist smiled and started cutting his hair.

She then started bleaching his hair so the dye would stand out more and last longer. "Iza, you look so silly with foil in your hair!" Sakura exclaimed, laughing.

Izaya rolled his eyes, used to the hyper womans antics at this point. The stylist laughed with Sakura and the two women started chatting. Izaya tuned them out and observed the room.

He didn't like observing anymore but it was the only thing he could do, and he had to be cautious. He may have been far away from Ikebukuro but who knew how many people saw his fight with Shizu-chan on the news.

After Izaya's haircut, Sakura dragged Izaya to a clothing store to find a new wardrobe for him. "Sakura I have plenty of clothes that nobody has seen me in, I don't need more." He complained.

She ignored him and started looking through the clothes. "Hmmm, what colors will match your new hairstyle." She said, mostly to herself.

Izaya sighed as he was forced to try on a bunch of different outfits. "We should just get them all. Either that or we will waste the whole day here when we have other things to do." He said.

Sakura nodded, "Fine. Let's go replace the technology we smashed." She laughed.

They payed for the clothes and went to a phone store to get Izaya a new phone.

---------------

They finished their shopping and drove back to the apartment. "Oh, I forgot. Did you write your two pages?" The doctor asked as they got close to the building.

"Yea, I finished while you made lunch." He replied blankly. Surprisingly, reliving his old life and remembering the incident didn't affect him much.

Sakura nodded as she parked. "Good, I'll read them over once we set up the laptop and printer." She said, getting out of the car to grab the stuff they bought.

Izaya helped her and they got everything situated. Izaya gave Sakura the pages he wrote and went to add his new clothes to his wardrobe.

Sakura read the two pages and almost burst into tears. She told him that morning to write about his childhood. 'How did he seem so emotionless as he wrote this?' She thought as a tear slid down her cheek.

'Page 1: When I was about 4 my dad left the house saying he had business. My mom seemed nervous but I couldn't understand why. Dad was just at work, right?

I was wrong, he came home drunk. My mom put me in the bathroom and had me lock the door. She told me not to open the door, no matter what I heard.