|| CHAPTER 71 ||

A month later, Charlie had started making noises that were close to actual words, sometimes. It was often, that either of the three, found one of the others on the floor with Charlie, helping her along. Maisie knew that Charlie's first words were probably going to be mama or dada. At one point, the girl stretched out her arms towards Owen and yelled 'daa' as loud as she could. But Maisie loved her sister to death, and couldn't wait to hear her name come out of that small mouth. To be spoken by her beautiful and amazing little baby sister, who was about to grow out of the whole baby phase.

Claire and Owen had talked a bit, brought things out in the open that needed discussing. Maisie had overheard some of it. She heard the word housewarming, feeling herself get slightly disappointed, having expected the word wedding. That seemed to be further down her parent's road than she would like. But she didn't mind a housewarming. She knew very little of what the event concluded but was more than ready to help out with it and meet her new family again.

"So, it's going to be two weeks from now" Claire announced over dinner. Maisie looked up from her plate and nodded. "Who's invited?" She asked. Owen was eating, silently listening to the conversation. Already knowing it all, having helped plan it and what not. "Karen, Zach and Gray. Then dad's brother and sister and Zia and Franklin. You remember them, right?" Claire finished, taking another bite. "Maisie nodded, assuming her mom asked about the last two, that she mentioned. "I've never met dad's sister" Maisie then said, turning her head to face her dad. He made a quick tilt with his head and shrugged. "She doesn't live close...Has a lot of work as well so" He said and let his fork stab the food on his plate, to death. "I haven't met her either, sweetheart" Claire said to ease Maisie's concerns about the new face coming to visit their home.

Two weeks later, the house was ready, they were ready and now the only thing missing was the guests. Zia and Franklin arrived first. They had both become really good friends, after the incident, Zia had taken up work, helping with checking the dinosaurs that were captured. Franklin stayed at the DPG, wanting to help with the mess they technically helped create.

When the two young people arrived at the house, they were greeted by Claire at door, who invited them inside quickly. Letting the two others say their hello's. Charlie was napping upstairs which Claire was very happy about, seeing as it would be a big mess when they all arrived.

Owen's brother arrived next in all his glory. Greeting the others with a big smile, telling them how nice it was to see them again. "Where's Kara?" Owen asked after hugging his brother hello. "Weren't you supposed to pick her up at the airport?" He then continued. Derek hummed quickly before starting his explanation. "That was the plan yes, but you know Kara...She wrote to me yesterday, an hour before I was about to head out to get her, that she missed her plane because of something I didn't quite catch. Then she said, she would get the next one available and call when she landed. She hasn't called yet" He said, taking a deep breath. All Owen did was sigh and shake his head. "Classic Kara" He whispered under his breath. Derek send half a smile the girl's way, signaling that this had happened way too often.

As they were talking, someone came up behind Derek, making him shriek and jump away, almost into Owen's arms. Behind Derek, was a brunette woman in her early 30's, wearing a sundress and glasses. The woman was laughing, as Claire glared her way before looking up at Owen who confirmed her suspicion with a nod.

"Kara, good lord when will you stop doing that?" Derek asked still slightly shaken up from the scare, sounding out of breath as well. "When you stop reacting like that" She said, still laughing before taking a step forward to pull her brother into a hug. After his younger siblings stopped being childish and let go of each other, Owen stepped forward to give his sister a hug. "I've missed you and your immature ass" Owen said, his voice low in an attempt and making it inaudible to both Claire and Maisie, but mostly Maisie. "Missed you too, dummy" She said, rubbing his back slightly before pulling away.