|| CHAPTER 19 ||

"Where's Zach?" Claire asked after they had stepped inside the house and put down their suitcases. "Oh, he was on a trip with school, he will be home tomorrow for the week" Karen said. "He was very sorry that he couldn't be here today" She added and send a smile their way. Both Claire and Owen nodded, understanding the circumstances. "We have the guest room and the office has a couch if that's needed, of course I don't know" Karen said unsure of their situation. "I think the guestroom will be just fine Karen" Claire said with a smile.

They all walked down the hall to the guestroom, Karen had lived there since before the boys were born, but Claire still hadn't stayed in the house more than a handful of times. Quite unsure of which door it was, she asked Karen who looked at her with squinted eyes. Claire knew what she was thinking. This is because you don't visit enough, Claire we don't see you enough, you should move to here and so on. She tried to ignore it tho and opened the door Karen had pointed at.

After putting their luggage away in a corner, Claire took a hold of Maisie's hand and pulled her with her to sit on the bed. The girl in between Claire's legs, and arms around her small body. Gently running her fingers through the girl's brown locks, she asked. "You doing okay sweetie, I understand that this can be a lot for you" Maisie sighed and looked up at Claire. "It's okay, they seem nice" She simply said with a small smile which earned her a smile in return. Claire leaned in to whisper in the girl's ear. "They are and they're going to love you when you get to know each other" Maisie moved away from Claire's hot breath and started giggling. "Really, you think they will like me?" She asked with laughter. "I'm one hundred percent sure, that they will love you more than they love dad" Claire said and Owen piped up with a 'hey' from the window he had been looking out of. "Your sister likes me" He stated, making sure he sounded very confident.

Actually, he didn't really know how Karen felt about him. He just knew that she always acted nice around him but maybe that was because Claire was there as well. And from what Karen had told him during a dinner once. Claire had a hard time making her love life work. Which had earned them both a death glare.

"Should we go out again Maisie girl?" Claire asked and the girl nodded. Claire kissed her hair quickly before they left the room.

Later after dinner when they sat around the coffee table, talking as you now do. Owen had his arm around Claire, who had Maisie leaning against her side. Karen couldn't help but simply melt at the view in front of her. Her sister had what they both considered a stable boyfriend plus a daughter suddenly. The woman who said she might never get the chance to have children. Karen deeply hoped that Owen grew a spine and proposed to her sister soon.

Gray asked his usual dinosaur questions, and showed a lot of enthusiasm in Owen, which the man didn't mind. Gray was a sweet kid and a very smart one as well. Having someone to share his interests with was nice, whenever they now got to do it that was.

"So, you live in your van Owen?" Karen asked. "We do yes, I'm currently working on a house that will be done soon if I'm lucky" Owen replied and looked down at Claire who smiled and snuggled further into him. "Isn't dangerous, now with all those dinosaurs roaming around" Karen asked clearly concerned. Both Claire and Owen shrugged. "I mean I guess it's more dangerous than before but the herbivores stayed around the mansion so I doubt we will be seeing anything to those. As to the Carnivores, I do not know, the few that hadn't been shipped off before hell broke loose, ran far away from civilization. Having great senses and all that, they know where to go." Owen said confidently, making sure Karen knew that he was taking care of his girls.

Then Maisie's voice was heard. "But what about Blue?" She asked innocently, clearly remembering her moment with the raptor. Claire nodded and Owen took a deep breath. He missed his blue girl very much, missed the days they would spend together in the raptor cage and the time he would spend training with them. "Yes, Blue is still in the area, but it's Blue" Owen said. A sad tone to his voice. "What do you mean, she's still in the area" Gray asked. "Well" Owen said and shrugged. "We sort of ran into her about a week back" He continued. Karen's face was priceless. "Don't worry Karen, Owen and Blue have a relationship, if not, neither me, Owen, Zach or Gray would be here today. There's probably a lot of people who wouldn't be here today, if not for their relationship" Claire said. She hadn't thought about the fact that Karen didn't know how special Blue is to Owen. How great of a relationship the two have.

"No need to worry Karen, I can communicate with her. Nothing will happen" Owen said calmly. "Communicate with a raptor?" Karen said with a huff. "Yea mom its true, you should have seen it at the park. It's amazing" Gray said eagerly and jumped on the couch as he turned to his mom. "Karen its true, you've got to trust us" Claire told her sister with a tilted head. She could see that her sister still didn't quite believe that something like that was possible. "I've seen it. Blue is like a dog to dad" Maisie said and Claire wished she could have seen Karen's face. The woman was more than surprised, her mind ran out of words when she heard the word dad. Obviously hadn't thought that the girl would have given them titles so soon. She completely forgot about Blue.

"Karen?" Claire asked warily, leaning forward to get her sisters attention. Karen sighed and let a small laugh out almost inaudible. Wiggling her eyebrows towards Claire in an excited manner which made Claire shake her head laughing.

Later on, in the night, they all decided it was time for bed. To be more correct, Maisie decided that, when she fell asleep half on top of Claire. "It has been a hard and long day" Claire said in a low voice. The others nodded and went to sleep. Owen picked up his sleeping daughter and followed Claire down the hallway.

They put Maisie down in the middle of the double bed, afraid that she might roll off but also knowing that, that is the position she feels most comfortable in. Right between both her parents. The most secure place on earth, seen from Maisie's eyes.

Claire walked over to her suitcase while pulling her shirt over her head. Owen was quick on his feet and slowly wrapped her up in his arms. Feeling her skin, so much skin against him, was a feeling he loved. It felt like a drug to him, he couldn't get enough and somehow always in need of it. Claire sighed deeply, leaning back into him. He bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek, but she turned her head, wanting and needing to meet his lips.

She turned in his arms and threw off his shirt slowly. Owen found it way too sexy for his own good. Claire let the shirt fall through her fingers before wrapping her arms around his upper body. Leaning her head against his chest, feeling his heart under his skin. Wrapping his arms tight around the gorgeous woman, he kissed her hair. His lips never leaving the top of her head, they slowly started moving back and forth, Owen rocking them both slowly, he could feel Claire relax more and more in his arms. Her whole body slowly going numb against his.

She let out a sigh and whispered. "Bed" Owen wasn't sure if she actually said anything until she moved them towards the bed. She moved Maisie slightly to the side. She was asleep anyways and Claire was in much need of her man. To touch him, to have him touch her. To fall asleep in each other's arms, completely at bliss. She needed much more than what she could get, but that feeling was so familiar at this point that she was able to push it away and just relax against the love of her life. Slowly drifting off to sleep in his protective arms.

She knew nothing better.

Hmmm Yes – It has been missing a lot of fluff lately and I apologize.

Here you are, I hope it satisfies your fluffy needs.

Also I'm really happy with all the positive comments about my question in the last chapter. I now know where you guys stand and it's gonna help me - not gonna do anything with it at the moment though, it's for future purposes!