|| CHAPTER 64 ||

Claire was sitting at the kitchen counter, tapping the surface with the tips of her fingers, as her right leg jumped up and down 5 times a second. Looking up at the clock every minute, waiting. She was getting jumpy, as her leg was already showing.

It felt like forever, before she heard the car pull up. When she heard the tires on the dirt outside, she ran to the door. Opened it to see two of her favorite people, stepping out of the car and making their way towards her. She could see the smile on Owen's face from where she was standing. She herself was probably smiling as well.

Owen was a few steps behind Maisie, as the girl walked up the couple steps to the porch and gave her mom a hug, before sprinting upstairs. Minding the running on the stairs though. Claire had given her enough beef about it. Owen watched Maisie disappear up the stairs, before he let his arm snake around Claire's waist, to pull her close. She smiled into his passionate kiss, as she let her own arms come up over his shoulders, pulling him down by the neck. Neither said a word, they just let it happen.

One kiss turned into two, then three, then five and before they knew it, they were making out on their way up to the bedroom. Cautious of not alerting Maisie on the way. Closing the door as gently as he could, with Claire in his arms, her legs around his waist. He took bigger steps than usual, in desperate need to get to the bed as quickly as possible.

When he reached the foot of it, he bent over, ever so gently putting Claire down onto it. She scooted up to the pillows, him following her move above her. Claire felt herself smile up nervously at him, almost as if this was their first time. He softly smiled back down at her, reaching a hand up to caress her cheek, before going down for a kiss.

He didn't let it escalate this time. After the kiss, he quickly sat back up and pulled his shirt over his head and throwing it somewhere in the room behind him. Unbuckling his belt and letting it fall to the floor beside the bed, as she pulled her top over her head. Throwing is to her side, before reaching for him, in need of his touch. His skin on her skin. He allowed her desperate hands to pull him down, to kiss him and cart through his hair. To lick and nip wherever she wanted.

He felt himself pull away slightly, to look at her. To admire her beauty. He felt himself go wild inside, when she licked her lips slightly. Looking up at him with a hungry look. He quickly went down for another kiss and another. It didn't take long, before they were without any clothes at all. They both took a second to just enjoy the feeling of the other. Something they had been without for too long.

She let her fingers run down his bare back, feeling the muscles and bones under his delicious skin. Just as he let his hand run down her side, over her hip and down her thigh. Getting the need to touch more, to taste it all. He groaned and breathed beside her ear, making a shiver go down her spine. She felt herself try to get a grip on his back, knowing there was nothing to hold onto.

"God, I love you so much" He whispered, into her hair. God, he loved the smell of it, it could be the only smell he could smell from now on, and he wouldn't mind. She felt her lips tuck up into a small smile, as she let her back press up against him. Pulling his arm even further around her, so that there was no skin that wasn't touching. To feel all of him  against her.

"Mmm...You know I love you just as much" She whispered back. Humming contently with the feeling of him against her. She felt him burry his nose further into her hair. Heard him take a deep breath. "I know" He whispered as he exhaled against her neck. She felt her tongue flick over her own lips, before turning slightly in his arms. She was now on her back and both of them instantly felt the loss of contact. The loss of skin. She could see it on his face and smiled up at him sadly, knowing exactly how he felt.

She just needed to look up at him, to look him in the eyes. And as much as people might have said she had eyes in the back of her head, it wasn't true. She lifted her hand up to caress his cheek, gently pulling his face down for a kiss. "What?" He whispered, wondering why she turned, why she was looking at him in the way she was.

With the shake of her head, a small giggle escaped her mouth. "I don't know" She whispered back, licking her lips again. "It just feels unreal..." She then said. She noticed how his eyes changed, with the way he looked at her. "What?" He asked again. Her smiled grew and she reached up to hold into his arm, letting her thumb stroke over his bicep. "Just...How much I love you" She whispered. He almost didn't hear it. The tears making their way through her system to her throat, effecting her voice. He heard the crack in the 'you' and quickly tucked her against his chest. Letting his arm come around her back to run up and down ever so slowly. Giving her a comforting feeling.

"I think I know what you mean" He said, leaving a kiss in her hair. She felt him take a deep breath, before speaking. "I never thought I'd find anyone...and I mean that. Then I met you...at the park and...I don't know, something just clicked inside me. Like an alarm went off, telling me that you were it. It was you or nothing..." He exhaled and felt himself smile at the memories of her at the park. Of the feelings she sparked inside of him. "Then after the incident...I was over the moon. The fact that it took a near death situation to pull ourselves together and admit how we felt, wasn't great of course" He moved himself a bit to look down at her, to see if she was listening.

"Then it didn't work out and I swear...I could have thrown myself in the lake five times over, but I somehow managed to pull it together. I just knew that...if it didn't work out with you, then that was it for me. No more chances..." She felt him take another deep breath, before he continued. His voice much lower and softer, as if he was confessing something delicate. "Having you in my arms right now. By my side. With that ring on your finger. The endless love you give me and the girls...I don't know where I was going with this" He said, chuckling slightly at the last part. "I just love you so much that...that it hurts"

Claire felt herself swallow the tears that threatened to spill, as she tried to collect herself. She chuckled at her inability to say anything back. "I'm not sure of what to say..." She then said and smiled up at him sadly. She laughed wetly and shook her head. "Owen...I love you so much...too much for my own good...Sometimes I think you're going to be the death of me...But then considering what we have been through, I would most likely be dead if not for you so..." She said, making both of them laugh.

She licked her lips again and smiled. Reaching up to run her fingers through his short hair, admiring him for a second. "I never though I'd find anyone like you" She whispered, trying to hide the tears that didn't seem to want to give up. She swallowed the lump in her throat and shook her head with laughter. "I love you" She whispered.

"I love you too" He whispered back, against her lips.

I hope this was alright. According to my incredibly bad math and memory of how much time has passed, it was about time. No?