|| CHAPTER 41 ||

Claire slowly opened her eyes, blinking profusely as she let the sun into her system. When her eyes had gotten used to the light, she sighed contently. Rummaging around with her hands, she found Owen's heavy arm swung over her stomach. Surprised that she didn't feel it at all until now, she smiled and slowly removed it, careful not to wake him up. She got up and made her way to the bathroom.

Feeling around him and not finding what he was looking for, he opened his eyes. He looked around the bed and the room, confused and slightly disappointed that he didn't get to wake up to her beauty. Rolling onto his back exhaling, he waited for her to return as he heard the toilet flush.

A minute later, she came waddling into the room with tired eyes and hair in her face. When her eyes landed on his, she gasped and clasped a hand over her mouth in surprise. "You're awake" She stated and took a deep breath to calm her heart. He chuckled and asked. "Since when are you so jumpy?" She sat down on the bed and swung her legs up, snuggling into his open arms. She hummed and whispered. "I'm carrying a baby Owen. I'm a little stressed out" He couldn't help but laugh as he kissed her forehead.

Later in the day, a truck arrived. They all knew what it was and Owen went out to greet them. Maisie watched in wonder from the van. Claire told her to stay inside, seeing as they were going to be carrying around on a lot of heavy furniture and it wouldn't end well if Maisie got in the way. Owen had said something along the same lines to Claire, just that she should stay as far away from anything that had to be carried, since she was pregnant. Not many arguments came from her before she agreed. She knew he meant well and that he was right.

Hours later, the truck left and Maisie begged Claire to go out and look now. Claire couldn't resist the girl's begging and they walked out to Owen who had started moving the boxes to their respective rooms. The rest of the day went by, as they unpacked and moved around. Mostly Owen but Maisie helped where she could. Claire couldn't do much, even less than Maisie. Owen would never tell her but he found it quite funny how she was so frustrated with her helplessness. Of course, she was used to being the boss, she was used to being in control. Never had she relied on anyone. It was her proud and joy.

When her and Owen started their whole adventure of a relationship, she knew she had to give it up a little. Not so much so she lost herself, but she had to let Owen help her here and there. He even told her himself, that she had to let it go a little, that he was there for her. They had both lost count on how many times he had to tell her, before she let him make her coffee, so she didn't have to get out of bed.

Later when most things were unpacked, except for the less necessary boxes, Owen started building Maisie's furniture. Assembling her bed and wardrobe and hanging her shelves and lamps and what else. She had bought some wall stickers that looked like trees, that Claire helped put up as the first thing.

As Owen assembled the rest of the furniture, Claire went back to the van to try and find something to cook for them. She managed to find some pasta and something to go with it. Deciding that, that had to do, she started the cooking. At least she was still allowed to do that.

After they ate, Claire got a call from the moving company, asking if it was possible to deliver her stuff today seeing as the rest of their deliveries got cancelled. She told them to bring it as soon as possible and about four hours later, a giant truck was driving up the drive way. Claire had called the landlord and told him the situation and he had let the workers into her apartment after they had given the right details. She had told them to literally take everything.

She was never one for decorating or at least not in that little apartment, plus she never found time to do it. She had paid them extra to pack everything down seeing as it said on the website that they could do it all, literally, if you paid extra. Logically, the more work the more money. Claire was thrilled seeing as she didn't have to go there and pack it all down herself. Thank the lord.