Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hand-in-hand, Dean and I walked into his sister's cell. His grip tightened and I could feel his pain through the bond. I knew that Dean couldn't handle questioning his sister, let alone kill her. I mind linked Blayke and ask him to come here and take Dean away from the basement urgently. I knew he was on his way when I could feel Blayke running through the bond. I stood in front of Dean, taking the cell keys. I pushed him out of the cell and closed the door. Dean let out a string of curses towards me and started attempting to break down the door.

Dean's anger lasted five minutes longer before Blayke came down and hit him in the temple. Blayke brought a now unconscious Dean out of the basement. I watched them leave before turning back around to look at Aurora. She was attempting to make me scared of her death glare. I returned one back, knowing it fazed her from the way she stiffened. I cracked my knuckles and my neck, getting myself prepared for the first torture I was ever going to do. I mentally cursed my parents for not teaching me anything about this before they died. In their eyes, I was too fragile to do anything that risked injury. Hopefully, Aurora would play nice and answer the questions. I didn't want to hurt Dean's sister. I had a feeling he already hated me enough for locking him out of the cell and allowing Blayke to knock him unconscious.

"How could you do this to your own brother?" I growled, demanding an answer.

Aurora laughed and shook her head. "He basically sent me to hell, I wanted to literally return the favor. He was too caught up in you instead of even attempting to look for me."

"He did look for you," I clenched my fists. "He made this pack, attacked others to find you. Or even get his name around for you to recognize him and know where he was."

"Did he do that for me?" Aurora sneered. "Or for you. His 'perfect' mate. The one that put that scar on his face and ran away from him for years."

"Wouldn't you have done the same if I killed your father right in front of your eyes?" I shot back.

"Your parents did do that," Aurora rolled her eyes. "I have my reasons for wanting you and my brother killed."

"What is Austin's plans?" I asked.

Sadly, Aurora refused to answer. I threw my fist into her nose. Hearing a satisfying crack and smelling blood in the air. She cursed at me and held her nose. She acted like she was going to have to take care of it when she got out of here. Sadly, she wasn't leaving this cell ever. When I asked again and she refused to answer I raised my fist again, ready to strike Aurora in the stomach.

"Alright!" Aurora surrendered. "He wants to pup you. Pup after pup. He'd never mate with you though. You'd just be living in the cells with your belly swollen all the time with his pups. He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. My brother dies somewhat peacefully but tortured when he watches you shoot out pup after pup with someone that isn't his. You'd be going through hell and always in pain until you eventually died."

I growled. "It is never going to happen Aurora. I'm confident we will win this war with barely a scratch."

Aurora laughed. "Oh, you'd think that. Sad thing is, he has the book of guardians. Don't you remember that? Everything about every guardian out there."

I heard a scoff coming from outside the cell door. I looked and saw Elijah standing there. He looked completely careless and unfazed. "Most of the things in that book is bullshit. Did you and Austin really believe that a guardian would be smart enough to give a regular all of the histories of the guardians? No way in hell that'd happen. The only thing that werewolves really know about this different species is that we're stronger, faster, and more intelligent."