Chapter Twenty-Seven

When we walked into the house Dean and Beth were asleep on the couch.  His arm was protectively wrapped around her.  I smiled at who peaceful they looked.  I never thought I would see them nap together on the couch.  Faith smiled at them as well.  Elijah just looked shocked, I guess he never expected to see Dean have a soft side.  Blayke and Alec walked in, giving Elijah a small nod.  I could tell they were uneasy about him being here, I was just as much as they were.  It was the best option though.  

"Big bad Rogue actually has a soft side,"  Elijah whispered.  "I would've never guessed.  Especially when it came to children."

Faith smiled.  "It's impossible not to love Beth, she's so sweet and so strong for her age."

"Beth?"  Elijah asked.  "Why does her name sound so familiar?"

"Her name shouldn't sound familiar to you,"  Blayke growled.

I excused myself from Elijah and Faith, walking over to my brother.  I rested my hand on his arm, giving it a calming squeeze.  Mina and Ciana came running down the stairs laughing.  Aurora was on their tails right behind them. Mina jumped on my back and Ciana jumped on Blayke's.  Faith put a finger to her lips when Aurora came in flushed with anger.  When Aurora gave her a questioning look Faith pointed to Dean and Beth sleeping on the couch.  Elijah didn't take his eyes off of Faith but she didn't seem to notice him staring.  

"WAKE UP!"  Alec yelled.  

Beth screamed and Dean pulled Beth close to his chest, protecting her.  Dean shot a glare towards Alec.  

"You told him to wake you up when the leader and girls came back,"  Blayke shrugged.

"Yeah me,"  Dean growled.  "Not Beth."

"So your mate does have a soft spot,"  Elijah noted.

"Yeah,"  Dean glared at Elijah.  "Clearly you don't."

"I saved your life,"  Elijah smirked.  "Who knows who you would've killed if I didn't."

Beth put her hand into Dean's trying to calm him down.  Faith sensed Dean's anger and whimpered.  I shot Elijah a glare, telling him to stop talking.  Aurora pulled Faith into a hug trying to keep her calm.  Dean's expression softened when he saw Faith's reaction.  Beth got off the couch and took Faith's hand.  She made Faith sit down on the couch.  Elijah's eyes were on Beth as she hopped up beside Faith.  

"That's where I've heard your name before,"  Elijah said.  "You're the Omega Beta from Tribal Moon.  Alpha Banos is extremely pissed at you, Dean, and Aliya."

Beth shot Elijah a glare.  "We don't talk about them here.  Ever."

Dean and Blayke put a hand over their mouth's to hide their snickering.  Ciana and Mina did it openly.  Alec, Beth, Faith, and I were stone-faced.  This was a completely serious topic.  Blayke and Dean just loved the fact that Elijah got told off by Beth.  Elijah held his hands up at Beth in surrender.  She just huffed and watched the random movie on the television.  

"You don't want to hear the rest of why I brought it up?"  Elijah asked.

"What do you mean?"  Dean and Blayke growled.

"The betas want to talk to your daughter,"  Elijah answered, not taking his eyes off Dean.  "Alpha Banos wants to talk to Aliya."

"Where do you always get this information from?"  Alec asked.

"I have two thousand perfectly trained wolves,"  Elijah glanced at him.  "There's not much that I don't know.  The three guardian's in the room are never spoken of though.  You three intimidate my pack.  Well, except for me and the guardians I have left after that incident."