Chapter Twenty-Three

Ashur, Ciana, Mina, Blayke, Alec, and I sat around Beth's bed waiting for her to wake up.  Ciana helped me clean her up while Mina went on an adventure for clothes.  I met some of the pack members when I went out to look for Mina because she was gone for almost two hours.  I found her playing with the children.  The parents were wary at first but quickly opened up to Mina.  When it came to me all I got were glares.  I wasn't liked by this group of rouges.  I knew that from day one.  I put a deep gash on Dean's face and ran away for years.  They all most likely think I'm going to run away when the going gets tough.  I didn't blame them though.  I just wished that they'd be a little more civil towards me.  Or at least let me say hi to their children.  I wasn't all that bad... was I?  I sighed and stood up.  Ashur looked at me.

"Where are you going?"  Ashur asked.

"For a walk,"  I said.  "Clear my head of some things."

Blayke stood up.  "If Beth is too much for you, it's okay to say so."

"It's not about Beth,"  I growled.  "It's about myself.  I'd rather think it through alone.  Please, just leave me be for a while.  Don't try bugging me if Beth wakes up.  I need a long time to think about personal issues."

They all nodded in understanding.  I knew Ashur was concerned and didn't like the thought of me going for a walk around the pack all by myself while the Rouge Guardians were out there hunting me like a damned dog.  I left the house and walked around the pack.  Children were playing in a flower field, laughing and giggling like there were no problems in their lives.  It was like they had no idea what true Rouges were.  Maybe they thought that even though we were claimed as Rouges they believed that we are a pack.  That made me smiled.  That thought would be so nice.  A little girl with chocolate brown hair came up to me.  She had a joyful smile on her face.

"Your hair is really long,"  she commented.  "Can my friends and I braid your hair and put flowers in it."

I smiled.  "Well, of course, you can.  I love being dressed up." 

I sat in the flower field as the children brushed, braided, and decorated my hair.  They were giggling and smiling with joy.  There were two boys and two girls.  The two boys were twins.  One was Dominic and the other was Dustin.  The girl with the chocolate colored hair was Melody.  The shy black hair girl's name was Summer.  When they all said that they were done I gently moved my hair to my shoulder and looked at the wonderful job these children did.

"It would look so much better if we could go into the other flower patch and get those lovely flowers for a flower crown,"  Dustin said.

"We can't go in there without the Alpha, Gamma, or Beta,"  Summer whimpered.  "It's dangerous in that area."

"Can you go in with a Luna?"  I asked.

"That's close to the Alpha's strength!"  Dominic chirped.  "So we could with Aliya!"

"Woah,"  I said.  "Dominic, Alphas and Lunas are matched in strength.  Who said that Luna's were weaker?"

"Our Dad says that all the time,"  Dustin said.  

"Yeah,"  Melody chimed in.  "Their dad always acts like he overpowers every girl.  He even showed his dominance towards us."

I sat there taken back.  "You guys haven't gone to Alpha Frey about this?"

They all shook their heads.  "He's always busy.  When we were just starting off he used to visit all of the children, including us, every day.  After a while, he couldn't do it anymore.  Too many Rouges started turning up.  Blayke took over for him, but just like it did with Alpha Frey, he was too busy doing his duties to keep us safe as well."