love notes and pizza

Luke waited anxiously at his desk, his foot tapping the ground excitedly waiting for the final bell of the day to ring.  It was Friday and Luke usually loved Fridays, but today had sucked. His teachers were more obnoxious and loud than usual and to make it worse, Michael wasn't there. Michael was his best friend, they'd been best friends for two years. They were really close, sometimes they even got mistaken has a couple. Luke didn't mind though, sometimes he wanted them to be a couple. But, he kept that to himself.

Luke smiled widely when the bell rang and quickly got out of his seat and practically ran to his locker, he just wanted to get out of there and see Michael. As he opened his locker to put away his binder, a blue sticky note fell off his locker door. Luke's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, he didn't remember putting that there.

He knelt down the pick up the note and read it.

"go to place we first hungout -Mikey :)"

Luke smiled and shook his head, Michael could of just texted him. Luke quickly closed his locker and happily made his way to the pizza place just minutes away from the school. He had no idea why Michael wanted him to go there, they were supposed to be hanging out at Michael's house but Luke didn't mind much, as long as he was with Michael, he'd be happy.

He remembers the day they first hungout there, it was awkward at first but ten minutes later they were talking about bands and life and didn't stop till the sun went down and the place was about to close.

Luke walked into the pizza parlour and saw it was pretty much empty, he looked around for Michael, who was no where in sight. Luke walked over to the nearest waiter  "have you seen a boy with an eyebrow piercing and lilac hair, overly attractive, probably wearing a snapback to keep his hair on his head?" Luke asked and blushed when he realized what he'd said.

"are you looking for Michael?"

Luke nodded.

"he was here earlier, he wanted me to give you this" The waiter said, and grabbed another blue not from his pocket.

Luke thanked him and read it as he walked out.

"come to the place you saw me cry for the first time (god that was embarrassing, huh?) -Mikey"

Luke remembers that day very well, it was eleven at night on a Friday and Michael called him up sounding terrified and sad and so many emotions Luke couldn't even name. He asked if Luke could meet him at the park by their houses and Luke of course said yes, he'd always say yes to Michael. When he got there, Michael was sitting on a swing crying. His dad had hit him.  Luke sat in the rain that night, holding Michael until he had calmed down.

Luke felt his heart ache remembering that night, but he quickly walked to the park, hoping he'd see Mikey there. He was still so confused about all these notes, but if he was being honest, this was kind of fun.

When he got to the park, he saw a few kids playing on the play structure but he didn't see Michael anywhere. He walked over to the swings, hoping Michael would show up. On one of the swings there was another blue note, Luke found himself smiling as he picked it up to read it.

"come to the place we had our first fight -Mikey"

Luke quickly turned around and made his way to Michael's house, maybe that's where he'd finally see Michael.

He remembers their stupid fight, it was about Michael calling some girl hot and Luke being insanely jealous so he said something rude and stupid and really, it was the dumbest fight Luke had ever had but it ended up with them not speaking for days. Those days were hell to Luke, he needed Michael.

When he got to Michael's house, he excitedly knocked on the door hoping that's where Michael was. Michael's mom opened the door and smiled at Luke knowingly.

"here" she said handing Luke another blue note and a single rose.

Luke took it, his face getting red. He was so confused.

"come to the place you told me you always wanted your first date to be -Mikey"

Luke was about to ask Michael's mom if she knew what was going on but before he could, she cut him off.

"have fun Luke, get back at a good time, yeah? Dont' hurt my boy" she told him before closing the door.

Luke nodded, though she couldn't see him and stood there confused. He had no idea what was happening but he kind of liked it.

He walked down the sidewalk and made his way to a picnic spot down by the lake that was not too far from both their houses. He always wanted his first date to be there, he thought the sight was beautiful and the sunsets were amazing. No one ever went there, it was kind of hard to find. There was a long path you had to go down to get there.

He was surprised Michael had remembered that though, he'd only told him once and that was almost a year ago.

When he was finally there he saw Michael sitting in the back of his truck, on a blanket with pizza and soda and a candle in the middle, with All time Low blasting from the radio.  It was almost like a romantic scene from a movie, except it had some Michael touches. Luke loved it all, he loved the effort Michael had been into it, he loved every single thing, but mostly, he loved Michael.

He walked over to Michael and sat by him, smiling. "what'd you do all this for?"

"well Luke, I love you, it just kind of hit me today, I fucking love you"

Luke giggled, he felt his chest feel tight and fuzzy and weird.  Michael was an idiot, but Michael was his idiot.

"I love you too, thank you"  he said, his cheeks starting to hurt from smiling so much.

"now eat the pizza before it gets cold" Michael said, grabbing a slice for himself. 

The rest of the night was full of kisses and cuddles and talking about feelings and forever and Luke knew this was better than any first date he could have ever imagined.

A/N: hey guys! I decided to make this fluffy because my last one was kind of sad and apparently it made a lot of people cry, and when I read all your comments I felt so bad. so hopefully, this makes up for that. I just wanted to say thank you to anyone that reads these and comments or votes, you're taking time out of your day to do this and that's amazing so thank you so much, I appreciate you all so so much. comment and vote please and thanks, have a lovely day. you're all amazing people!! :) x

(the title is weird, I know but as I say every single time, I suck at titles)