A Blazer Dresses Everything Up, Right?

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

I looked at the white dress with black roses on it. It was pretty and somewhat casual enough to wear to the dinner. 

Tonight was the day I met Grant and his son -who's name I have forgotten-. But then again I don't think mom has ever told me his name.

I slipped on the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. Now just something to do with my hair.

I slightly curled my hair at the ends and but on some eyeliner and mascara. 

I'm either a girly girl or a huge tom boy, there are no inbetweens and at the moment I felt like being girly. I know, bi polar much? 

I put on my black heels since the black would make the roses pop and I opened my bedroom door.

"Kenzie?" My mom called.

"I'm walking down the stars now," I said as I walked down the stairs carefully.

"I don't want to be late," she said panicing slightly.

"We won't. He doesn't even live that far away, if anything we'll be early," I said. 

I can see why she'll be slightly nervous. This means a lot to her and I can tell it's a big step since, it took her a long time to start dating again after my dad.

I walked into the downstairs bathroom to see my mom looking at herself in the full length mirror.

"You look fine, mom," I said.

She smiled and nodded her head. "Okay? You ready?"

"Yep, lets go," I said as I wrapped my arm around my mom's and walked out the bathroom.

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Bye dad!" I said as I opened the front door, trying to get out as quick as possibly.

"Zayn!" Before I knew it, he was grabbing my shirt. "You know this night is important to me."

"But I promised my friends-"

"I don't care what you promised them. This is important to me and I need you here tonight," He said.

I groaned. "Fine, don't expect me to act polite," I said, quickly giving in.

"I know, you will," he stated. "Now go and change into something more appropriate."

I ran up the stairs and looked through my closet. I honestly didn't know what to wear nor did I care.

I knew this night was important to my dad though so, I'm going to try for him.

I opened my closet and pulled out a white t-shirt. I pulled off my previous blue shirt and looked in the mirror. I guess. I can keep the jeans and the belt. 

I pulled on the white shirt not caring if it need to be ironed or not. It didn't have that many wrinkles. 

I then slid on a black blazer I barely wear. A blazer dresses everything up, right?

I heard the doorbell ring and groaned, that must be her.

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time and ran my hands through my hair.

I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding in and made my way down the stairs.

I turned to go into the living room because, that's where I heard all the commotion at.

When I entered the living room, I literally froze. There was girl around my age standing there and I've never seen her at my school.

I looked back and forth at the teenage girl and my dad's girlfriend; seeing the resemblance.

How did I forget she had a daughter?

I smirked, not caring if it was visible or not.

This is going to be fun...

(Hey I know it's short and I haven't updated in forever. BUT IM GOING TO UPDATE AGAIN LIKE REALLY SOON. PROBABLY MONDAY. I just really wanted to update this for you guys. I have One more chapter left in Loved, Marked, Saved.. so when I'm done that book I'll also start updating a lot more.

DOES ANYONE LIKE THE NEW COVER! I MADE IT!

New Cover> Old Cover

ILYASM! BAI)