six. free

renjun pov

D A Y   F O U R

'Okay class, today we are going to switch it up a little! I'm going to be moving your seats into rows of three to make the room more organised rather than all over the place!' She kept looking at me and smiling but I did not thank her.

I swear she had it out for me. I had already guessed where I would be sitting and sure enough, I was right; slap bang in the middle on Jeno and Jaemin. Great.

My heart leaped at the though but I tried to make it stop. It kept leaping; I had been defeated by my own heart.

Oh heart why did you have to choose two people to fall for?

I moved to my new seat between the two extremely happy boys and sighed into my yellow sweater.

They began making small talk asking me how I was and stuff but I became too flustered and stumbled over my words causing them to laugh at me.

'It's okay, Renjun.' Jeno laughed as he placed a hand gently on my left arm which caused little electric shocks to go soaring through my body and the place where his hand was to heat immediately. I smiled gently before going back to my work.

They talked to each other and I tried my best to ignore them and focus on my work but as I leaned into my painting to work closer, they passed notes behind my back.

I looked through the corner of my eye at what they were laughing at and what was so important that they had to write it down and pass it behind my back.

In small blue handwriting was a few words but they were big enough for me to read. Once I had read them and processed what exactly it meant I snapped my head back to my work to hide the heat rising in my cheeks.

On the other side of me another note was being read and wrote down. Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up looking at it the same way I had with the other.
This note caused my heart to dance and my hands to shake.

They were talking about me.

On the note with blue writing it said;
"I think yellow is my new favourite colour nana. He looks so soft,, and he's so cute when he's flustered"

On the note with black writing it said;
"His glasses make him look even more cute. And his little smile is literally the sun itself. Jeno, I think I'm in love."

They softly laughed and looked at each other after reading each of the notes, unaware at the fact that the person they were writing about had seen the whole thing.

My cheeks were flaming and my hands shook so much I couldn't deal with it anymore.

The two must have noticed me for Jaemin asked me if I was okay.
'Renjun you're shaking, are you okay?'

The concern in his voice was alone more than enough to make my mind go blank. He was so nice and I began to think that maybe I was in lo-

Shut up Renjun!

I shook my head and mumbled my apology before jumping up from my seat and making my way to the front of the class.

I asked the teacher if I could be excused to go to the bathroom and when I was leaving I looked back at where I was sitting to see the two boys looking surprised at each other and then at me.

I hesitated as Jeno mouthed "you okay?" before I shook my head and left the classroom.

I would have in no doubt made them even more concerned but I passed no remarks and made my way down the hall and past the bathrooms.