Chapter 49 - Reloaded: Coldest Winter Half of Part lll

Start from the beginning

" I figured you were going to be here…. Your Mom wanted me to check on you….. " Smiling at her voice, feeling her arms wrap around my neck. " Craig, its not easy…. But lets try to stay positive about this ok….? "

Leaning my head back against her stomach, I looked up at Keke smiling. 

" Its just….. Hard, that school… My friends, how are we going to finish school? "  Her hand rubbed my cheek while she shrugged softly.

" Tinashe, Roderick, Jacob and Shay are at the apartment, planning. Calling people. Trying to put together funds or something. I was seeing if you wanted to go? " Tugging at my ear. 

I smiled walking with her towards her car. 

The six of us sat in a circle, looking up different fund raising programs. Getting Alumni names and numbers. Shay got to work using her graphic design skills to create a little flyer. We heard a knock on the door, Tinashe went to answer it. Gail, Bree and Issa walked in. 

" Yo yo yo, we brought some food. Drinks, and ourselves. " Issa held up a bag walking over to the table. 

" I found what you were asking for Tinashe. " Bree said handing Tinashe a few papers. " I talked to Tiny and she's willing to throw together a fund raising event for the school. " 

" Where's Zonnique anyway? " I asked, opening the bag of food.

" Zonnique hasn't been feeling well, like I'm going to go there when I leave from here. " Bree turned around going over to where Shay was. 

Jacob walked over sitting at the table with me, pulling out his phone. 

" This is crazy, like I cant afford to miss the deadline to get my papers in. This is going to set me back big time. " Squishing his cheeks together " Like how do we finish finales!? We still have two-weeks left of school….. "

" Honestly Jay, I have no idea. Like no one knows the answer. I just hope this doesn't push back our graduation….. " Getting up from the table going to get something to drink.