-15-

No. There's no way. He had gained control of it years ago. What was- NO! Not now! Not here- He couldn't lose control now-

Something exploded. A squealing whine wailed from the speakers, and chaos broke out.

Somehow most people managed to make it out of the room without hurting themselves or one another. Left in the room was only Tord, Tom, and Skye.

As soon as he heard the silent tones in the shrieking noise, Tom fell to the floor covering his ears and crying out in agony. None of the others in the room could hear it, only his monster side could pick up such a particular tone.

"Blue!" Violet cried out, seeing the pain the Brit was in. But before she could even move, Tord was at his love's side.

"Tom? Tom?! Are you alright?!"

"Tord... I'm... I'm.... " Tom grunted, somehow managing to speak clearly," G-get away from me- it's.... its not safe..."

Tord's eyes widened, but he didn't move," What's going on?"

Skye pulled him away just in time, but managed to keep only the Norski from harm. Practically out of nowhere, dark purple claws raked across her face. Sky's screeched in pain, staggering backwards.

Tom had gotten to his feet, breathing heavily. The screen on his visor was horribly cracked, the usually green pixel-made pupils having been replaced with a sparking red , with the message ERROR  displayed in a hardly readable light on the shattered surface.

Like Ginger, his ears had taken an animalistic form, and violet horns suck out from his spiky hair. Through the broken glass of his visor, his usually black eyes were glowing solid purple, almost pink.

He seemed to be about to attack Skye again, but before he could move, his eyes suddenly went dark again, and he slumped to the floor once more, this time unconscious.

Tord turned to face Skye, taking a last look at Tom before putting an arm around the blonde standing next to him, helping her to stay standing. Luckily the cuts weren't deep, but she'd probably need stitches.

On the ground next to Tom lay a tranquilizer dart, the small item lying next to the spot where it had hit him in the neck.

Cass stared emotionlessly at the scene before him. Lucky for him, someone had taken care of the tranquilizer part of this, but he had a feeling he knew who.

And that was bad.

No matter. Within moments, he had retrieved the DNA he needed; now he just had to retrieve his boss' son.

———————

A figure watched silently from the shadows, only stepping into the light once everyone was gone, except for the unconscious Brit on the ground. With a sigh, she picked up Tom's limp body, somehow carrying him quite easily for someone her size.

He had a code name. Agent Black.

She had one too.

To the world, she was simply known as Mirror.

——————-

Are you sure you'll be ok? You could stay with us a while-"

"No. My army needs me. I need to stay here. I'm sorry, Tord."

"But...." Tord sighed, knowing that trying to convince Skye was nearly impossible once she had made up her mind," At least let my medic, Ell, stay with you."

"Will you be able to sleep at night if I agree?" Skye's expression softened.

"I guess..."

No. Not until he knew Tom was okay. But when they had returned to the Gala Hall, the Brit was nowhere to be found, and Skye was well aware that Tord wasn't entirely telling the truth about how he felt, but she knew better than to argue with him.

———————

Tord wasnt even sure where exactly Ell had some from. She was practically like a female version of Edd. She liked cola, cats, and drawing. Even her name was really similar. But when she had come to ask if she could join the Red Army, he hadn't questioned the similarity. It was nice having someone around who acted like his old friend that didn't  have the same experiences and ... issues with him as Edd. It was kinda like starting over. Plus she was extremely skilled with medical practices and was also a bit of an inventor herself.

——————————

"He's gonna kill us. There's no way he's NOT gonna kill us-"

"Calm down, Pat. I'm sure he just wandered off and hid somewhere."

"But-"

They both thought that the other had been watching the little boy, but when they had met up again after an afternoon of taking over their son's responsibilities, they had come to find that neither of them had actually seen the little demon in quite some time. Neither Pat nor Pau was particularly calm about it, but Pat was nearly in full mother panic mode.

The sound of Pau's phone ringing broke the temporary silence in the room.

————————

Tord had broken down crying as soon as he was alone with his parents on the plane. Of course, having found out that not only was his boyfriend missing, but his son as well. And now here he sat, crying into Pat's shoulder, the image of fear and respect he had worked so hard to perfect as Red Leader shattering in the form of tears. And for once, he was okay with admitting weakness, at least, to his family. For the rest of the army, they would see what they once had known; a leader who didn't exactly play the "sweetness and light" game when it came to leading.

Tom had been the changing factor in that. They all knew it.

But now....

————————

This is shorter than it should be uwu (only 900 words instead of 1000+)

I'm tired

Oh and yes I'm switching the chapter names to just the numbers because I'm lazy :')