-Thirteen-

"You really mean it?" Tom asked, his digital eyes widening.

"Of course I do," Tord smiled warmly.

"I mean... I don't know if I even could... isn't that a bit more complicated than being an assistant...?"

"It's not like you see me rushing off into war every day just because I'm a Leader. It actually wouldn't do much other than give you more privileges and power." Tord replied, taking a small box out of his desk drawer. He pulled out two pins from the box; one identical to the small badge  he wore on his own coat, and one in a spiral shape with spikes at the top.

"Fair enough." Tom watched curiously as Tord retrieved the items.

"Well... considering I have no idea how to technically do this in an overly official manner, so I'm going to give you these and we'll announce it to the army later on today." Tord chuckled, gently pinning both of the pins to Tom's vest. As he stepped back, his signature smirk came to rest on his face.

"So, Blue Leader," the flirty tone in Tord's voice was driving Tom crazy, but he was somehow managing to keep from responding to it, which was in turn driving the Norski a bit crazy," Shall we go tour the base? I'm sure you'd love to actually see the place."

"Alright, Red Leader." Tom smirked, mirroring Tord's tone.

——————

He could finally see what confirmed his suspicions about Ginger. And he knew Tord expected him to be angry. But he wasn't. He had figured it out on his own. Ell has explained how the experiments had pheromones that would match the smell of one of the parents, and Ginger didn't smell like cinnamon and vanilla. In fact, he actually smelled a bit like pineapples...

——— 14 years ago ———

"Tord, this is Cass, my twin brother," Pat said, his eyes sparkling.

"So this is the little devil I've heard so much about." Cass chuckled. 

It wasn't exactly the most conventional place to be meeting. They were at the Violet Army base, setting up for a gala they wouldn't even be attending themselves. But it had never occurred to Pat as to why Cass was there...

——— Present ———

As per the usual routine since Tord had become Red Leader, the Norski was helping set up for the Gala, which was being held at the Violet Army Base this year. And he was indeed there, helping to set up everything with one of his best friends.

——— 3 years ago ———

"Do you... wanna dance...?" the question was shy, awkward. It might have seemed like it should have been romantic, but there wasn't a single trace of the feeling to be found. It was just... something they did.... they didn't really know what to call it.

"Chill out, its not like we have to force it to be romantic," she laughed, apparently having noticed his hesitation to ask," And sure... I guess."

"It's kinda more like a family thing... isn't it..?" 

"Yeah, it is.."

And it was.

———Present———

"So you know how Alexander is the guy that everyone usually hires to DJ?" Violet asked.

"Yeah. And it's just because he's John's boyfriend, I swear." they both laughed, thinking fondly of Green Leader and his significant other. (If you understand what I just referenced you get a cookie and then we can go fangirl in the corner together uwu)

"Well, I'm not sure if anyone has ever noticed, but I don't hire him when I host this thing. Point is, I called him earlier, and he's gonna be here any time now."

As she finished her sentence, the very person she spoke of opened the door on the other side of the room. Tord stared in confusion for a second, not quite sure about what he was seeing. Wearing a dark gold coat over a black top and dark grey pants, the man had dark chocolate brown hair that almost exactly resembled a certain Polish man he knew. The only difference between the two, even including eye color, was that this man had the bangs on the right side of his face longer and styled to cover his eye, though it was the same style otherwise.

"Cass?"

"No, I'm Pat. Of course it's me."

"Shut up. It's been like 14 years since I've seen you. I was 11 last time and I'm 25 now-"

"Wow, my brother was right , you really did get your feisty nature from Pau."

"Speaking of him..."Tord pulled his phone out and quickly dialed his father's number.

"Hey, where are you?... Yeah.... Mhm.... Can you... Okay..."

Less than two minutes later, the twins were standing next to each other. They shared a long glance, and as soon as Pat started to grin with that evil smirk of his, Tord looked at Violet, silently seeking help. The last last thing he needed or wanted right now was twice the usual amount of Pat's teasing.

"Alright, alright, we have to actually get some work done you know." Violet cut in, laughing.

——— two days later———

"So, elskling, as you know.... a Gala typically involves dancing..."

"Hell no."

"Thomas, kjærlighet, that wasn't a suggestion."

"..........you ass."

"I try~"

———meanwhile———

He sat on the cold floor of the dark, empty room, tears staining his cheeks. He was scared. What was happening? But he can't run. Behind closed eyes, above, towering over him in his own mindscape, the ... creature... cackled it's chilling laugh again and again, endlessly echoing, overlapping itself.

"You can only run for so long. The darkness will take over at some point. Not everyone is as good as your mother at hiding it."

"N-no! You're lying! Leave me alone!"

"My power, your power, OUR POWER, it only grows stronger as you get older. You are destined for more than they want. One day, you'll see that. Or if you don't, you'll suffer my consequences."

"N-no! Shut up!"