Valerius 1

[mutual hatred? Idk.]

You hated this masquerade, you hated all the people and how loud it was in here. You especially hated the fact that The Consulate was here. He pissed you off so much and he hated you. In his defense you were always rude to him. Neither of you ever got along since both of you were close to lucio before his death. Although since you were close to Nadia this forced you to have at least one conversation with most of the guests here.
"Ah hello (y/n), always a pleasure to see you." Valerius's words were traced with venom. You were half tempted to just walk away but you pulled a fake smile across your face.
"Ah yes Valerius. What terrible luck  I seem to have today." The words that slipped out were filled with hatred and uncertainty.
"The masquerades and balls aren't the same anymore. Everyone's too quiet." He swirled the red wine In his glass. You almost slapped it out of his hand as you stared up at him.
"As much as I hate to agree this place is rowdy. But not in the same way that it used to be" A disappointed sigh left your mouths as you both drank. You had downed a glass of liquor while he sipped his wine. You kept up the conversation. Both of you a bit tipsy at the moment. You both mostly insulted each others lives and made rude remarks. Your small conversation was drowned out when everyone's went silent as the lights dimmed.
"This isn't a part of the schedule what the hell." You stated coldly as you looked around for another servant. Before either of you could react to the situation you saw lights shine at the top of the staircase revealing the one and only. Count Lucio.
"Oh my." Valerius eyes widened as you looked like you had seen a ghost. Well it seemed to feel like you did.
"How is he here. He died. If he didn't wHy was he gone for so long. I don't. I don't understand?" You rambled as lucio made his way around the room.
"Mm yes but there's the rowdiness in the room that I missed." Valerius allowed a small smile to slip on the corner of his cheeks.

Honestly idk what this is but it seemed fun to write.