Lucio 1

[angst]

My footsteps patter against the marbled floor as I take my steps towards the darkened halls that lead to lucio's room. My mind fills with millions of thoughts. As I walk down the hall both of the hounds are by my side, they grew accustomed to me almost immediately. A soft smile spreads across my face as the hounds rub against my legs.
"You two are too much for me" I smile lovingly as my hand grazes over both of their heads.
"You guys want to see your dad? I asked the hounds, almost immediately they both let out a small whine as a yes.
"Alright girls. Follow me then" A small chuckle escaped my throat as my eyes graze over all of the paintings on the walls.
"Lucio never had a bad portrait. All of the colors went together so well.." a small sigh escapes my lips as I continue down the twisted halls.
"Hm hm hmm" parted hums escape my lips and I look down at the hounds. They were always groomed perfectly and clean.
"Do either of you even know what dirt looks like?" I ask the hounds even though they wouldn't respond back.
"I suppose not.." the halls take a left and I'm left in front of a door engraved with the name count on it.
"Ready girls?" I smile lovingly and open up the door. Both hounds quickly bounce into the room and their ears perk up. I stare at the ash covered room and sit on a small chair.
"They missed you lucio, we- we all miss you lucio.." I frown as my eyes look around the dimly lit room. A whine emits from one of the hounds as she comes trudging towards me.
"I know girl. I miss him too." I frown. In all honesty I need to stop coming here. Im just reminding myself that he's gone for good. The hound lays against my left leg and whines louder as I pet her head.
"Shh shh I know, but we still need to say hello from time to time.." My legs bend and I stand up looking at the bed with strewn about sheets.
"They left your room a mess lucio, you'd hate it so much.." My heart feels heavy as I pick up the papers on the ground and fix the crooked sheets on the bed.
"There all better..." I look over to the desk and frown, almost immediately noticing the golden ring he wore on his pinky finger to every ball, I smile.
"You were his prized possession" my fingers move without me as I slip the finger onto my ring finger. It was too big or my pinky finger, I place my hand in front of the window where the sun barely shines in.
"I see why you wore it so often lucio.." I shake my head and look at the hounds.
"Cmon girls, it's time we get ready for supper, if we're late Portia will be upset.." I smile as the dogs perk up to the sound of supper. My body carries me out of the room as I close the door. Quietly and quickly I make my way out of the dark corridors into the brightly lit hallways.
-
"Im sorry I struck you with grief my dear" a defeated whisper echoes the dark corridors.