CAIN (EDITED)

Cain Magia had left the grand hall and gone to a holding cell that was at the back of the building, in a well-lit and well-ventilated basement. This was where all the humans who had been sold at the dubious auction were kept if they had not already been claimed that is. Grim thought he, these humans were like prime cattle. He would admit, it was immaculately white down here. Miss. Singrave made sure every spot in her manner was clean. Great, grey, thick steel doors with a hatch was all that prevented the hostages and freedom. Blocking the entrance to the cells was one of Miss. Singrave's goons. He looked rather scary as he was almost twice the size of Cain, but Cain sensed he was just a Norm.

"Ticket," the guard said with a breathy voice. He was a hefty bloke no denying that.

"I'm afraid I was never given one," Cain replied. He was not going to let a blatant steroid abuser block his way to the cells and in turn seeing his dear niece, Ezra.

"No one is allowed to see a captee without a ticket," the brute of a man informed Cain shifting to his left to stop Cain from going around him.

Cain was not going to take no for an answer. He stepped back and created an orange flame. He was ready to attack the oath who stood in his way. Burn him to a crisp. It was all stone and steel down here no fire would escalate, but before he could do anything untoward, he heard a posh voice from behind him. "Cain, my darling," his lip curled up in disdain only one old bat pronounced the word "darling" so gratingly. Cain coked his head back and saw Miss. Singrave. "I don't believe you bought anything at last night's auction. Pray tell why you are here?"

"I have been asked by Doctor Myrich to come and check out the Seasonal he bought last night. See if the child has been well looked after and not neglected. . . if you must know."

"Well did he not give you a ticket?" Miss. Singrave asked with her usual shrill tone.

"The Doctor has not received a ticket as of yet, me lady."

Miss. Singrave looked through her black bag that could act as a suitcase and she pulled out a receipt book for all transactions completed at last night's auction. She gave Cain the receipt, a pink ticket. "I hope you're not bullshitting me," Miss. Singrave said looking rather mean.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Cain's tone hinted of sarcasm. "You can ask the good Doctor yourself if you like."

"You're his dog," Miss. Singrave said rather icily. Cain looked at her less than pleased and clenched his fist. Cain was no one's dog. "I know you would not lie, Cain, it was never in your nature to lie. Baradia you may allow him to enter, give him the access key." Baradia, the guard that blocked the entrance took a key that was on a hook on the white stone wall and gave it to Cain who gladly accepted. The guard, Baradia stood to one side and allowed Cain to enter.

"I was looking forward to fucking you, Cain," Miss. Singrave remarked. "Until I saw you, that is, you look revolting. That little girl will think the exact same thing." Raising her head she left the holding cell and left him feeling a tad bit livid, but Cain wisely held his mischievous tongue.

He silently agreed with the cruel Cruella, but he still wanted to see his niece. He looked at the receipt and noticed his niece was in cell three. He walked past cells one and two and could hear prisoners sobbing. Some of these poor souls were going to end up in the hands of very cruel men and/or women.

He opened the door to cell three and ventured in.

Ezra immediately curled up into a corner. His niece had a look of horror as she stared at him. She looked freaked out and repulsed just like what Myrich and Miss. Singrave had said. The room was austere and depressing. It reminded him of a prison cell. For all intent and purpose, it was. Cain sat on the makeshift bed. It wasn't much just a stone slab with a blue crash mat on it and a cotton blanket and a pillow to match. There was also a hole in the floor and a roll of toilet paper but no window to let in light or air.