HANS (EDITED)

"We're here, shit brain!" Che spurted out another obscenity. "shi-stupid - stupid," he said to himself. "Pardon my tongue, Doctor Fuck."

"Ja," Myrich replied, unimpressed as ever with Che and his intolerable condition and no doubt the dopey Pa Graves was grinning like a fool.

Hans Myrich had been here before, precisely a year ago to attend a secret meeting of the Order of the Red Hand. A year ago, all those who attended this secret meeting agreed unanimously, by vote, that Hans Myrich should be the leader.

Myrich had a big idea, how the order could rise and take over Talamh. Like a chess master, he had played the game of power beautifully. He was not over the hill just yet. Not by a long shot.

There was more than just a secret meeting taking place at this palatial estate. There was also a diabolical experiment occurring deep underground. An experiment he started many years ago. He had been informed by Doctor Friedrich Fischer that the experiment was going well but was far from complete and recently they had hit a snag. Myrich was going to mandate the experiment be completed soon or else someone might incur his wrath. No sane person wanted that.

They drove up the narrow driveway and waited for the huge black steel gates to open. Che rolled down the window. A voice was heard over the intercom. "Who is this?"

"Cunt cock!" Che blurted out another obscenity.

Hans Myrich buried his forehead into his palm and let out an annoyed tut.

The man on the other end of the intercom probably knew it was Che and Pa and therefore knew Hans Myrich was aboard, he had arrived. So, the gates opened inward automatically, and the car drove in following the long and winding road. The tires crunched over the golden stones. The greenery was lush as they passed under a blooming willow with pink leaves. Others similar trees grew sporadically around the estate. Narrow driveways led this way and that, onto more expansive lands Myrich figured.

And there it was, the grand estate, constructed for maximum comfort and privacy. The estate boasted a large scenic lake, six hectares of land and there was also an extraordinary on-site private zoo where a great white tiger called home. Peacocks grazed freely around the grounds. There was an array of pristine motors parked up. The drivers most of whom were in flashy suits were gathered around one vehicle and appeared to be bantering. None but those invited were permitted to be in the grand estate.

Che, for now, decided to stay put. "Go Pa, mother fucker!" Che said and Pa jumped out of the vehicle to open the door for Myrich.

"Leave me be!" Myrich snapped at the dopey Pa Graves.

He got out and observed two of his associates walking down the stairs to greet him.

It was Stefan Straus and Doctor Friedrich Fischer.

Like Myrich, Stefan was also in full military attire. Stefan wore a service dress which was olive in colour with a golden epaulette on each shoulder. Stefan had won more medals than any other solider before him and proudly these medals for valour in the face of adversity were pinned on his breast pocket. Stefan was one of highest-ranking generals in the Breton army, Myrich closest ally by far. General Straus was head of the third regiment. Stefan had bright azure eyes, golden-grey hair, he was tall and broad-shouldered he had chiselled features and a sported a bit of stubble.

Friedrich Fischer was a few years older than Myrich and he looked terrifying. Behind his Coke-bottle glasses were eyes wide and wild. He had mad matted white hair and a grey moustache. He wore a laboratory coat, so he was working. He was known as the psychotic scientist. Fischer certainly fitted the mould. He was forever popping pills of different colours, red, yellow and blue. Uppers and downers.