NIKITA (EDITED)

"Morning," Nikita said feeling all upbeat as she entered her room. It was time for Abel to embrace the day, she felt, so she swung open the black curtains and a blinding light lit up the dim room showcasing her dresser which had a whole array of cosmetic items around it, none she ever used. The large wardrobe in the corner just off to the door and the comfy bed that took up most of the room. For the bed is where the indolent Abel still lay silent like a log.

"Ugh-bit bright is it not," Abel's voice was husky as he squinted fleetingly. He held up his hand against his forehead to shade his sensitive eyes from the bright sunlight. "Ugh-what time is it?" He was groggy as hell. Hungover too.

"Just after eleven," Nikita remarked. "Father and Raziel have been up since the crack of dawn. Up before me would you believe. They seem to be discussing something top secret. They have been wondering the gardens for the last half-hour, deep in debate as it were. Jennifer knows what them two are on about."

"Ugh-I see," said Abel who lay back down and pulled the heavy duvet over his face. She knew Raziel and her father was talking about the journey Abel was about to embark on. She hated being in the dark.

"You were never one for early starts, were you?" Nikita pointed out, she knew Abel all too well. If he could, Abel would sleep in until afternoon and then rise and stay up until dawn.

"No way," he replied. She watched him as he stretched out his limbs and then yawned. Abel then readjusted himself to an upright position. He wiped away some of the rheum from his eyelids and spoke, "I'm a bit hungover," he announced. "I'd love a glass of water," he not so subtly hinted for Nikita to do his bidding.

He would find no joy.

"Well, I'm not surprised," Nikita replied moving her hand to her hip letting out a tut. "Serves you right!" She was clearly unimpressed with him partaking in a night's drinking session. "I told you so," she added. Then she advertently changed the subject. "Did you enjoy last night?" She asked in a more seductive manner. "With me that is?" A bright smile crossed her face and she played with her silky black hair too.

Abel just smiled at her blissfully, that slightly crooked smile that she loved so much, said enough. "You know I did," he stated his tone too verging on being sultry.

Nikita blushed. "Good," she said. The blossoming but the somewhat forbidden relationship was very much at the forefront of her mind, she could not deny that. She knew her father would defiantly not approve. For now, this relationship would remain a secret.

"Say. . . I-I-I Don't suppose Raziel told you where he would be taking me today, did he?" Abel inquired, fishing for answers. He sounded a bit more alive now.

"Well. . . he did say he was going to take you somewhere special, but that's about it," she informed him all she knew. Nikita then kindly picked up his tunic and passed it to him. Then she passed him his trousers, but she saw a small conspicuous bag containing white powder fallout from the pocket. "Em. . . what is this?" She asked him in a nagging tone. She picked up the bag of white powder. She stood with arms akimbo, frowning at Abel.

"That. . . oh-em, that there is em -" Abel had no answer, she knew it. Nikita was ready to give him a lecture.

"Drugs," she said that word with hate, "illicit drugs." Her tone was not exactly upbeat, and from her stance why should it be. Nikita frowned upon junkies and now she feared Abel might be one.

"I - I can explain," a dithering Abel said, but explanations were no good. His dirty secret was now known to her.

"So, this is what you do when you're in that city?" She huffed as she showed him her back arms across her bosom in a bit of a huff.