Still, the dealer had not turned the river card.

He was about too.

He tapped the table once, then twice, ready to show the card of fate.

Just turn the river already!

Everything went in slow motion for Abel.

But finally.

Finally!

The river was shown.

Welcome my lady, the Queen of hearts. She looked extraordinary beautiful under this artificial light. Heck, she would look good in any light under the right conditions. Abel was congratulated, but still, he stayed calm. His heart though was palapating out of his chest. Below his waistline, he was jumping for joy, but still, the one they called the Reeling Kid looked cool, calm and collected.

The chips were pushed his way by the dealer who wore his red waist coat had a mow hawk and a thin moustache .

"Five hundred," Cathal promptly said, ordering more chips for himself. He took out a fat wallet, the stitches were ready to bust. Cathal handed a five hundred Kroaling bill to the dealer. Money was like water for the old oil tycoon.

Everyone was fast to note Abel picking up his chips and putting them away in a small plastic container. He was going to call it a night. He came into this game with five hundred Kroaling. He had surpassed the grand he initially hoped to win and then some.

"Ah, yer not leaving kid?" Cathal asked him as the dealer counted out his chips. "What are you. . . a pussy? Not willing to give me the opportunity to get some of me Kroaling back?" He was goading Abel to sit at the table a little longer.

"I'd be happy to take some more of your money," he replied casually as he stood to his feet and fingered his ear hole. He needed to take a moment to stop his knees from quivering, it was an adrenaline rush, you see. "But, eh. . . I am afraid I am late for an engagement," Abel informed the Grinder and in turn, the table. "We must dance again though, I'd like that." He left Cathal to grumble and curse under his fishy breath four/two.

Abel walked through the casino with his head aloof. He walked toward the cashier cage at the other end of the room. This place was grand. He breathed it all in. This was an iconic building, once the home of the Letterdam council. It was built on three levels. The first level was home to over a thousand machines. The second level was home to the fish. The top tier, where Abel had been playing was where the sharks hung out, where the big bucks were spent.

At the cashier cage, Abel exchanged his chips for the four thousand Kroaling he fairly won. The clerk, a flat chested female in a cherry coloured uniform counted out his cash and she drawled when she said, "Four thousand Kroaling." She probably dreamed she could earn that in a night instead of being stuck on minimum wage. He shoved the cash into the pocket of his combat jacket and left with a grin. He passed the table he had just been playing at and gave them heads up. He noted Cathal' s empty chair. Curious.

He walked downstairs and through the bustling casino. A busty blonde playing blackjack stopped him and said," try your luck here, sweetie."

Abel repaid her with a coy smile of his own. "Poker is my game love." He banged the finger at her.

"Hit me," she went on.

Abel passed the lines of machines. The bright lights lured in the dope-fueled gamblers and their fat wallets full of cash quickly emptied into a stupid menial machine. Abel exited via the main doors and artificial light destroyed the night sky.

Abel was not alone as he sparked up a cigarette. Cathal was out smoking a fat cigar. "Four/two huh?" a bitter Cathal said through gritted teeth. Abel noted all the gold he wore. He must have been wearing four grand of gold at least.