||Chapter 33 - Fortune||

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Katara."

"Anytime." She smiled at me before we walked out of the tent. We joined Aang and Socks who were currently sitting down and relaxing- This may as well be our last stop where we could actually relax before we reached the North Pole. Katara and Aang were excited to be taught waterbending by a true master and not just scrolls or teaching themselves. While I was excited to meet the person who taught Karlie water bending, from what she had told me of him, he was a true master and teacher.

My attention went to the lake when a big green fish spurted out.

"Look!" Katara gets up from beside me, pointing at the fish. Looks like we found dinner. Sokka gets up aswell and quickly gets into quite a stance, his face set in concentration.

"He is taunting us... You are so gonna be dinner!" Sokka runs past me, going into the tent and not a moment later returns with a fishing pole- With no line. Him being him, doesn't notice that there is no fishing line before he casts a couple of times. "Hey! Where's the fishing line?" Aang smiles bashfully, retrieving something from behind him.

"Oh, I didn't think you would need it, Sokka." He holds up a homemade necklace with shells that he probably found along the shore. I wonder where he learned to do that.

"Aahh, it's all tangled!" Sokka complained in annoyance.

"Not tangled- Woven." He corrects the annoyed boy before airbending himself upwards, his body facing Katara and I.

"I made you a necklace, Katara. I thought since you lost your other one..." Katara smiles fondly and walks closer to him, taking the necklace into her hands. 'Aww, Aang is such a sweetie pie.' I commented in my head.

"Thanks, Aang. I love it."

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world you can go into the jewelry making business!" Sokka stated, still annoyed that Aang took his only fishing line.

"I don't see why I can't do both." Aang shrugs and I looked up at him from my spot on the ground, "Where did you learn to make it, teach?" I questioned.

"Oh, back at the temple we could learn how to do craftsmanship things, like making clothing, jewelry... All kinds of stuff!" I smiled up at him, ignoring Sokka's angry spear throwing in front of me.

"Teach me sometime, and maybe I can teach you how to make some medicine from Omashu."

"Oooo~ Deal!"

"So, how do I look?" I watched Sokka leap into the water, thrashing around it with his knife as he tried to catch the fish. I rolled my eyes at his antics.

"Do you seriously not know how to catch a fish?!" I asked him and he briefly glanced back at me.

"Shut up, Himoko!" He groaned in annoyance when the fish leaped up out of the water when he wasn't looking. I got up and walked into the water, feeling the cold water hit my toes.

"Sokka, first thing first, don't move around so much, the fish can see you." He grumbled incoherently under his breath that I didn't quite catch as he attempted to loop his arms around the fish when it jumped out of the water again. Except it knew better and slipped out of his touch.

"Are you kidding me?!"

"No." I was having fun with taunting Sokka at his lack of skills of catching our dinner, and this fish seemed to be having fun too. But that was short lived when he nose dived into the lake and reappeared soaking wet, but with a green catfish flopping around in his arms.

"Huh, you managed to do it. Bravo." He made a small face at me as he walked past. I furrowed my brows, hearing tree branches breaking in the distance. I looked over, arms crossed. 'Is there a large animal near by?' I figured it was a harmless deer and said nothing, watching the small exchange between the trio.