||Chapter 29 - Divisions of the Past||

Himoko's POV

"How about these berries?" Aang asked me, gesturing to a bush full of blueberries. I stared at the bush for a moment, sucking in my bottom lip thoughtfully.

"Do they look poisonous?"

"I don't think so..."

"What is the color on the top?"

"I can't really tell-"

"Grab them, we can just give them to Sokka. If he dies, then we will know not to eat them." I spotted Alea sniffing the berries at Aang's feet, opening her jaw and ready to snatch one off of the little branches.

"Alea." I said, eyes narrowed. She briefly looked to me, eyes sparkling in desperation. "You can't eat them yet, not until after we test them on Sokka." Aang let out a small laugh, apparently he didn't think I wasn't going to let Sokka be the guinea pig of the supposedly poisonous berries.

"What? You don't think I would?"

"Himoko, that is too mean." Aang pointed out, picked Alea up before she could glomp one of the berries up. I shrugged, "Hey, someone has to be. Anyways, I have no clue whether or not they are poisonous Aang. If you don't want to have Sokka as our test subject, then he won't be." I stated with a smile. 

It's been a couple of days, more like two days- And we were heading further up the equator in hopes of finally getting out of the Earth Kingdom. The road has been long (Or skies) And we were all getting pretty paranoid and annoyed that we weren't at the North Pole yet. Too many detours, but we are just human and Appa needs a rest once in a while, especially when he is both flying us across the world and the heavy lifting.

When I walked back to the camp I saw Sokka yank the tent down, his brows creased and annoyance in his eyes. Katara stood on the opposite side of the tent, glaring at him as if he had just created the plague.

"Um, we got the grub. What is going on-" Aang poked his head from behind me, seeing that basically was the same as we had left it.

"Hey, where's the campfire. And what happened to the tent?" Sokka whirled his towards us, pointing an accusing finger at his little sister.

"Why don't you ask Miss Know It All? Queen of the Twigs!" Katara whipped around, her hair-loopies smacking against her cheeks. "Oh yeah?! Well you are Mister Lavy Bum, King of the-" She picks up a twig and throws it at him, "-Tents!"

Aang laughs at the two while I grimace, seeing the distaste in both of their expressions. They are so riled up over something little- What is up with that?

"Okay, listen guys. Harsh words won't solve problems, action will. Why don't you just switch jobs?" Aang suggested in offering, looking slightly nervous at confrontation.

"Sounds good." Katara states, "Whatever." Sokka concluded, walking away from her so he could get the fire ready. I looked down to Aang, giving him a thumbs up with my free finger. He looked up at me, smiling in satisfaction. 

"You see that, Himoko? Settling feuds and making. All in a days work for the Avatar."

"I say it is." I told him with a soft shrug before going over to where Sokka was setting up the fire. I kneeled down next to him, placing the food items on the huge leaf.

"Were you guys really fighting over something so simple?"

"She is so aggravating, Himoko! Such a know it all, you are lucky to not have had any siblings." He retorted, apparently still annoyed. I pursed my lips, nodding in agreement as I pushed back the idea of ever being able to have a sibling into the back of my mind.