||Chapter 27 - All for Water?||

3rd Person's POV

Zuko stared at the wall in front of him, feeling the soft sway of the ship as they headed to make repairs.

It has been an eventful night, tossing and turning as the recent affairs had his mind boggling.

What was the Princess of Omashu doing with the Avatar?

When it was revealed to him of who she really was, he couldn't imagine her being of royal descent, there was no way in his mind that it was possible. It was a one in a million chance. He rubbed his face tiredly, hearing the people still out in the deck, it was music night, and that wasn't helping him sleep.

He flopped back down on his soft bed, turning over onto his side. He narrowed his eyes, 'She doesn't even look like someone from the Earth Kingdom!' He stated in his mind, trying to remember the picture he was once saw of King Bumi, the two didn't look a like at all! The only thing similar was their mannerisms and the stupid smirks they had on their faces, but those could be taught, not genetics.

He rolled over onto his other side, fumbling with the comforter as he thought more about Himoko. 'She was so quick to ally with me... Why?' He rolled back over onto his back, breathing a deep sigh.

He sat up and decided to take a small walk around the ship, get some fresh air to help clear his mind of all thoughts of Princess Himoko.

Iroh was playing his instrument when he saw his nephew come out of the den. He smiled as he stopped playing, gesturing to the fire they had burning.

"Ah, Prince Zuko! Did you come to join us?" Iroh asked and Zuko rolled his eyes, ignoring him and instead began his walk around the edge of the ship, lightly grazing his hand on the rail. Iroh furrowed his brows in confusion, excusing himself from the music night festivities in worry for his nephew. Iroh walked over to him, resting his hands in his pockets.

"What brings you out here on this beautiful night?"

"Can't sleep." He murmured softly, watching the steady ocean waves crash against the side of the ship.

"You seem to be in turmoil, how can I help?"

"You don't need to help Uncle." Zuko's voice was much harsher than he intended. Iroh ignored his harsh tone, thinking it was from the lack of sleep Zuko has been experiencing in the past few weeks.

"It is about the Avatar, isn't it?" Iroh asked, expecting him to nod, but instead her shook his head. A small silence passed between the two, Zuko trying to calm himself so he doesn't randomly blow up on his uncle.

"Uncle, have you ever been to Omashu?"

"Once many years ago, why?" Iroh asked. Zuko shrugged, his thoughts going back to Himoko.

"Was it before Ba Sing Se?" Iroh could feel his heart spike, his throat dropping to his stomach. He slowly nodded.

"It was... Before I went to Ba Sing Se."

"What were you doing there?"

"Where is this talk of Omashu coming up from?" Iroh questioned him back. Zuko clenched his fists, his teeth gritted as held himself back.

"Yesterday, when I was at the island, the Princess was there with the Avatar." Zuko looked to Iroh, expecting him to look surprised, but instead, Iroh didn't even flinch, or looked confused in the slightest.

"Princess Himoko?" Iroh asked and Zuko nodded, slightly confused on his Uncle's behavior.

"You don't seem surprised..."