||Chapter 30 - Life's Discouragements||

Himoko's POV

I wrote my words down on a piece of paper, the ink drying instantly by use of my other hand (That was shooting out small bits of air down at the ink so it would dry quickly). It had been a long time coming, I was missing home more and more everyday. I couldn't believe that I even managed to get this far.

I looked to behind me, seeing everyone else sleeping gingerly. I couldn't sleep tonight, despite the exhaustion I could feel in my limbs, my brain was still awake and didn't want to sleep like the toddler that it was.

I shook my head, staring down at my words reading them over under a whisper.

"Pappi, we are slowly getting closer to the North Pole where Aang and Katara can learn waterbending from Karlie's old master. They are excited about it, and I am too. We will be at a place that is safe from the Fire Nation. Aang and I have been getting better when it comes to bending, of course Aang is still learning the basics since he needs to be more focused on waterbending. But, that doesn't mean he isn't still progressing! I have met a lot of people so far, different individuals from different backgrounds and lives. It was both fun, interesting, and fear ridden. It gave me anxiety most of the time, of not knowing what was going to happen next. But, now, I know whatever happens. I have Sokka, Aang, and Katara to have my back-" I paused, listening for a moment. I looked over my shoulder at the sound of whimpering, seeing Aang shuddering and holding himself. I got up, ignoring the letter I was writing, to go and see Aang. Once I reached him and carefully placed my hand of his shoulder. He spazzed out of his nightmare, disturbing Momo and causing him to freak out. Momo ran across the siblings sleeping bags.

"Huh? Uh... what's going on? Did we get captured again?" Sokka asked, his eyes half-lidded as he fought to stay awake, voice hoarse and needing water.

"It's nothing, I just had a bad dream... Go back to sleep." Aang reassured him, "Don't have to tell me twice." Sokka flopped back down with his back facing us.

"Are you sure your okay?" I asked him worriedly, grabbing a tissue from my pocket and wiped the sweat that had formed on his forehead.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He cleared his throat, smiling lightly at us.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately, you wanna tell us about it?" Katara gestured to her and I, worry also present in her features.

"I think I just need some rest." Sokka sprung up in a flash.

"You guys want to hear about my dream?!" We said nothing, "That's ok, I didn't wanna talk about it anyway." They lied back down to sleep, leaving Aang and I still awake.

"If you need anything, just let me know. I know more about nightmares than the average person." I joked lightly and he nodded before his brows furrowed, "Wait, what are you doing still up?"

"Couldn't sleep, so I decided to write a letter to Pappi back home. Just to let him know that we are okay and stuff."

"How are you going to send it?" I shrugged.

"Don't know. It might take a while to find a place to send it." I got up and retreated back over to the letter I was writing.

---

"Sooo..." I glanced up between my fingers, seeing Sokka's face staring down at me.

"Huh? What do you need Sok?" I asked him and he gave me a cheesy grin.

"I was wondering... Have you ever dated before?" I couldn't help but snort, the idea of me dating was something no one in my life could ever picture me doing.