Its Time

"Breath in, breath out." I told myself as I was having one of my daily panic attacks trying to calm myself down. "Gia, I'm coming in!" Dina hollered. I shook my head. She opened the door, "mom said you have to eat, so come on." She said with her hand on her hip. I shook my head. "Come on Gia!" Joey said standing there next to Dina. "Let me handle this." My mom said pushing them out of my room then shutting my door. "Mom-" I began as the tears swelled up in my eyes. "You have to eat babygirl, you are dropping too much weight." She said concerned. "I can't do this, I can't get married in 2 days!" I cried. I know it broke her heart seeing me like this. "I know babygirl, it will be okay." She whispered holding me. "No it won't!" I said. "Everyone keeps saying that but it won't! I won't be okay!" I hollered mad as hell. "You better watch your tone Gia!" My Dad hollered as he came in the room. "No! This is your fault! I hate you! I hate you!" I cried. The look on my dads face after I said that instantly made me regret saying that. "Daddy, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it." I sobbed. He didn't even hesitate to hug me. "Babygirl you have to come down stairs to eat." He told me. I just nodded. He wiped my tears and kissed my forehead, "I'm sorry." He said with so much sorrow in his voice. "You were just try to take care of us." I said. "Come on guys," my mom said. My dad walked me down the stairs and sat me at the kitchen table. We all ate in silence, it did feel nice to finally eat. "Do you want more Gia?" My mom asked. I nodded. She filled me plate again and kissed my head. I ate till my stomach hurt and that was a bad idea, "excuse me!" I hollered as I ran to the bathroom and threw up. "Gia!" My mom hollered. I seriously threw up everything I just ate. She ran into the bathroom holding my hair back, I was dry heaving and crying.... again. "Breath baby, take deep breaths." She said rubbing my back. "That dinner was really good though." I whined. My dad brought me a glass of water, I drank it getting that nasty taste out of my mouth. "She probably needs to eat lightly, with her being so upset, she can't eat a lot at once." My Dad said. "I should've thought of that." My mom said. They helped me stand up and got me back up to my room. I laid down and was just drained of any energy. Within minutes i was asleep.

I woke up around 2am and looked around the room to see nothing but the pitch black darkness but I kept hearing something. I kept hearing light knocks against my window. I slowly go  out of bed as I continued to hear it. I walked to my window looking out then down to see Milo! I instantly smiled, it felt good, i haven't smiled in weeks. I lifted my window and just smiled down at him. "Hey beautiful." He smiled back. "I'm coming." I told him. I wasn't even going to sneak out. I sent straight out the front door and tackled him with the biggest hug. "I missed you so much!" I said. "I missed you too." He said. I leaned back then planted a kiss on his lips. He didn't really kiss me back though. I pulled back a little confused. "Why aren't you kissing me back?" I asked. He sighed and I stepped away. Something was wrong well I mean what isn't wrong at this point? He had his hands in his pockets and was looking down at the ground. "What's going on?" I asked. "Remember how I didn't get into California state?" He said referring to his first choice school. I nodded. "Well a spot opened up." He said. I jumped up and down excited for me! "Babe that's so exciting!" I squealed. "Gia, I leave tomorrow." He said then it all stopped. "Tomorrow?" I asked. "Tomorrow morning." He said. "That doesn't give me enough time to pack Milo." I said stressed. "Well i could just pack what I need then-" I began, "Gia, I can't take you with me." He said. I just froze. "What?" I asked. "I have to stay in a dorm and I can't afford to support both of us, but next year I will hopefully be able to!" He said trying to look on the bright side. "Milo, you can't leave me here." I said. His face just held a guilty expression. "I thought you loved me?!" I said as the tears started to fall. "Gia I do! This is something I cannot control! Okay?!" He hollered. "What am I suppose to do?" I asked. He shrugged, "You're going to have to stick it out till I can afford to take care of us both." He said softly. "Stick it?!? Just stick it out huh?! You know what! Leave ! Just leave Milo!" I hollered pushing him away. "Gia Stop! Stop!" He hollered. "You don't want me! I want you to leave! I hate you!" I cried. "You know what! Fine!" He hollered pushing me off of him making me fall to the ground. He got into his car slamming his door and screeching down the road. I sat on the grass with my face in my hands crying. "Gia? What are you doing out here?!" My mom freaked out. "Milo! He's leaving me!" I cried. She helped me up and we got inside and I just broke. "Honey talk to me what happened?" I asked. Soon I heard heavy foot steps come down the stairs. "I grabbed those pills." My Dad said. "We're gonna have to give her one tonight. This is bad." My mom said. I was hyperventilating and shaking. "What happened Gia?" My mom asked again. "I-I was gonna run away with Milo when he went to school next week and he's leaving tomorrow and he's doesn't want me anymore!" I cried. "Give me one," my mom told my dad. "Swallow this babygirl." She said. "What is it?!" I asked. "It will help you calm down." She said. I nodded. She made me take the pill and sat with me on the floor. She rocked me back and forth as my dad sat behind us. I felt my body relaxing. "I feel better." I told her. They once again took my up to my room and my mom stayed with me all night. I passed out and slept actually really good for the first time in a while.

I woke up and it was about 1pm! I rushed down stairs, "why did you guys let me sleep this late?" I asked. "You haven't slept much so we thought we'd let you sleep." My Dad said. "Do you want food?" My mom asked. I nodded. She made me a small sandwich and i sat there and ate quietly. "How are you feeling today?" My mom asked. I just shrugged, "my boyfriend basically broke up with me, I'm getting married to a stranger tomorrow, I have to move out..... I just don't feel anything." I said just looking at my plate. My dad rubbed my shoulder, "we will get through this, you know any time you need us or if you are getting scared, call us. Even if it's midnight." He told me. I nodded. "Do you even want to know what he looks like?" My mom asked. I shook my head. She sighed, "well finish up eating cause we have to start packing whatever you want to take with you." She said then kissing me head.

We packed all my clothes, the only thing that sat in my closest was my wedding dress and my shoes. All my clothes and accessories were packed and ready. "I'm going to miss this room." I sighed. I looked over to my mom and she had tears streaming down her face, "mom?!" I said. "Why are you crying?" I asked concerned. "I don't want you to leave!" She said. "I don't want to leave." I told her as I hugged her. "I've sat here and just kept thinking of ways to get you out of this and none of it will work." She admitted. "I know." I told her.

My mom and I sat in my room for a while just trying to soak in everything. Dina knocked on the door and made her way in and sat with us on my bed. "This sucks." She said. We nodded.

MICHAELS POV

I sat on my couch just thinking about tomorrow. There's no way I can make this better but maybe I can put her mind at ease a little bit. I got up and made my way to my kitchen table grabbing a pen and paper, I wrote to her. I wrote what i was feeling and what i was hoping for in the future to maybe help her ease mind even the slightest. I just felt I had to tell or introduce myself in some way before tomorrow. I wrote about two pages and put it in a envelope. I called Jermaine to see if he would give it to her cause I know he's knows where she lives and thankfully agreed. He showed up shortly. I handed him the letter, "Do i need to read this before I give it to her?" He asked sighing. I shook my head, "it's just me trying to ease her mind and maybe we won't be such strangers tomorrow." I replied. Jermaine nodded, "you'll really like her." He told me then about to leave, "then why didn't Joseph or someone set us up on a blind date or something?! This is insane!" I snapped. "Because She was going to marry someone else and Joseph knew he couldn't change that unless he did this. He's been waiting for them to break up." He said i shook my head. Jermaine left and I just sat back on my couch frustrated.

GIA'S POV

We all watched TV as the doorbell rang, "I'll get it!" Joey said getting up. We heard him open the door and instantly called for Dad. We all exchanged worried looks as my dad went to the door. "Michael wanted me to give this to Gia." I heard. My heart started to race, "Okay, thank you." My Dad said and the door closed. My dad walked into the room with an envelope. "It's for you." My Dad said handing it to me. I took the envelope and just held it for a moment. "Go read it." My mom said. I slowly got up from the couch and went up to my empty room, sitting on my bed. I stared at the letter then finally opening it. I pulled out two pages and began to read it.

Dear Gia,
There's nothing I can really say or do to make this situation any better. This isn't what I wanted and I know this isn't what you wanted. But here we are the day before we are forced into this marriage. I'm sure your whole life you thought your wedding day would be the happiest day of your life and I'm sorry my father has ruined that. I'm sure he's ruined a lot of your hopes and dreams, I can't apologize enough for the damage he has caused. I'm writing this letter in hopes of easing your mind even the slightest. You will have your own room, I don't expect you to take care of me or anything and I will give you your space and hopefully as time goes on if you stay we can learn to at least be friends. I don't expect you to ever love me or to give me children, I don't expect you to stay either. I just hope we can be civil. I will accommodate your needs and wishes the best I can, and give you what you need from me. I won't hurt you or make you do anything you don't want to do. I'm trying to make you feel as safe as I can but I know that will come with time. I'm sorry for everything.

-Michael Jackson

It didn't take much for the tears to resurface. I don't even know how to feel. I don't think I even took time to realize this isn't what he wants either. My heart was aching for us both.