"Look, I'm about to head to work. One of my co-workers is going to come through and pick me up," said Iris.

"Ok sis. I will talk to you later," said Isis lying her head down on her pillow. She decided to try to get her a nap in to see if it would ease her headache. No more than twenty minutes later, there was a knock at her door. Not expecting anyone, she slipped on a pair of leggings and a t-shirt before heading to the door. She was surprised to see Bradley standing there with two bags from Zaxby's.

"I brought lunch for us. I brought enough for Iris," said Bradley.

"You just missed her. She left for work a few minutes ago," said Isis eyeing the bags of food. It was smelling good. Maybe I have a hungry headache, she thought.

"I thought I would finally get to meet my future sister-in-law," said Bradley. Isis smiled and grabbed the bags of food from him and sat them on the dining room table. The couple talked while the enjoyed the chicken fingers and fries dipped in ranch. Just as they were finishing up, Isis was startled by someone pulling up in her yard and blowing the horn.

Isis peeked out the window and noticed a car that she didn't recognize. Her car was still parked in the yard. She was wondering if maybe Iris had second thoughts about driving her car and come back to retrieve it. She was prepared to tell her that it wouldn't work because she had plans.

"Come on out, bitch. I see you looking about the window. Don't be scared. You weren't scared when you came to my house and fucked my husband," said an unknown voice. Isis' mouth dropped. She couldn't believe her twin sister was putting her through shit like this. And, the timing couldn't have been any worse. She quickly covered her face in shame.

"Babe, I swear they're not talking about me," Isis said looking over at her fiancé who sat with a confused expression on his face.

"I know its you, you dumb bitch. This same car came over while I was out of town. I saw it on my neighbor's security camera," she continued.

"Isis, you don't have to explain that to me. You've already told me how Iris is. But, if you don't at least attempt to explain to the woman the situation, she's probably not going to leave," said Bradley.

"You're right," said Isis with tears in her eyes. Her heart was beating fast as hell. She'd forgotten all about the headache that she'd awakened with. Isis was the scary twin. She always tried to find the good in every person and situation. She was a lover, not a fighter.

"But, what if she has a gun?" asked Isis.

"I doubt that she has a gun. She would've probably fired shots first and asked questions later. Let's say a prayer and I will go out there with you," said Bradley. Although Isis didn't believe in prayer per say, she was willing to do anything to deescalate the situation. The woman outside continued to honk her horn.

"Come on out bitch! Come on out, you whore," the woman yelled as Bradley took Isis' hand.

"Dear God. We are trusting and believing in you that this situation will be solved without any injuries. We have faith in you Lord that everything is going to be alright," said Bradley. Isis cringed. But, her man held her hand and walked out of the front door with her.

"Look bitch, she got someone else's husband in there with her," the woman shouted to a woman sitting beside her.

"Girl no, that's my pastor," said the woman in the passenger seat.

"So, she's out here fucking preachers and all," said the driver laughing and violently hitting the steering wheel. She exited the car abruptly and approached the couple.

"I think that you've made a mistake. Well, I know that you have. I'm Isis and this is my fiancé," said Isis nervously.

"I know what the fuck I saw on the video. I watched it over and over for probably one hundred times. I am standing face to face with the whore who destroyed my marriage. It was you. I saw you. Pastor, you are about to marry a home-wrecking whore," said the crazy woman who was now in tears.

"You've mistaken me for my twin sister. While I don't condone what she did, it wasn't me and she isn't here right now. She doesn't have a car. So, we share mine," explained Isis.

"He won't even look at me anymore. He doesn't fuck me. He said its over and that he's in love with you, or her. I love my husband. I went out of town to make money for our family and you, your sister, or who ever ruined it for me. Tell that bitch when I see her, I'm going to kill her. And, you better hope like hell that I don't see you instead," said the wife with tears streaming down her face.

"If it means anything to you, I'm sorry. I hope that you and your husband can work it out," said Isis.

"He said its over and it is over. He doesn't want me anymore," the woman continued to sob. It was inconsolable at this point. Isis had never witnessed a woman confront her husband's mistress in real-life. But, she was sure it wasn't supposed to go this way.

"Ma'am know that the Lord is with you. There is no pain that he can't heal. You will overcome this. And, I guarantee that you will come out on top. Your husband will get what's coming to him," said Bradley. Isis watched her future husband reach into his pocket.

"Here's my card. I'm the Senior pastor at The Life Church. We offer counseling and marriage crisis support. We will be happy to assist you in any way that you can. We would also love to have you attend services. Times are listed on our website which is on the card," said Bradley.

"Thank you, pastor," said the woman's friend giving Isis a side-eye.

Fuck you too then bitch, thought Isis. The couple stood and watched the duo back from Isis' driveway.

"See, God works in mysterious ways," said Bradley.

"Shout out to my ancestors for continuing to keep me safe," Isis mumbled to herself.

"What did you say, babe?" asked Bradley.

"I was giving thanks in my own way," said Isis. No matter what he said or tried to prove to her about his way of life, Isis wouldn't deter from what she knew. She then realized that she had dodged a bullet. Thinking back to the situation, she knew the way the girl in the passenger seat had looked at her, she was sure that she would run her mouth to everyone in the church about it. Isis sighed as she walked back in her house with Bradley.

"I hate to leave so early. But, I must get my sermon ready for church tomorrow," said Bradley. That was right down her alley. Because the next thing on her agenda was getting to her parent's house ASAP for those herbs. Shit had just got real.

*Please Give me some feedback. Like, Comment, Share, Vote!
It will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in Advance!
LitQueen💋