Iris/Isis

It was Friday and Iris was ready to get out and get her freak on. She had gone out for lunch and gotten her some Hennessey and Simply Lemonade. It was a hot Summer day. So, she decided to stay inside and flirt on Plenty of Fish for most of the day and sip on her favorite mixed drink before she went out. Matt was calling and texting her like usual. Sure, he had shown her a damn good time two nights ago. But, she was good in that area until the next time she got in her feelings.

As she was searching through the new members on the dating site, she got a notification of a new message. When she opened it, she saw the picture of a fine ass black man. After reading over his profile, she saw that he was in Alabama. Iris had been wanting an adventure. His name was Landon. He was posing in front of a red Camaro. Iris could tell that he was around her age or a little younger. But, his profile said that he was thirty-two.

Landon: What's up sexy?

Iris: Nothing much! What's up with you?

Landon: I'm new to the area and I noticed that you were in the area. So, I wanted to speak.

Iris: Is that all you wanted to do?

Landon: That depends. What do you have in mind?

This was Iris' type of guy. Her panties were getting wet just thinking about all the different positions this boy would have her in. She knew he had to know what he was doing. Iris also like the idea that he saw what he liked and pursued it. Hell, they were both grown. There was no use to beating around the bush.

Iris: Your profile says Alabama. I'm in Atlanta boo.

Landon: I just moved to the A.

Iris: Ok boo. I'm just making sure. I don't want to get all worked up for nothing.

Landon: What are you wearing.

Iris: Not a damn thing

Landon: Let me see

Iris: I can't do that boo. I don't send pics

Landon: Damn

Iris: Aint no catfish. That's all me in my profile pic.

Landon: Wanna meet?

Iris: Its too hot right now. I will later.

Landon: Bet

Iris: Send me your number and I will text you

Landon: 256-387-8888

Iris logged off and went to prepare herself for the night. She fixed her a tall glass of her favorite mix drink and went to her bathroom. She pulled up her hair in a bun and took out her Nair. She didn't want any hair anywhere on her body when she met Landon. Iris had a feeling that she was going to have the time of her life. Taking her phone, she put it on Beyoncé's station on Pandora. She swayed to the music as Beyoncé's, "Die With You" invaded her ears.

"I'm going to play this at my wedding," she said out loud. Then she abrupted into laughter. Iris didn't know what she wanted. Sometimes she wanted to get married and sometimes she didn't. She stepped into the shower and used the Nair under her arms and her legs. Her girl downstairs was always clean shaven. She used the wax strips to tidy up the stubbles while the Nair did its thing. After she was done, she used a towel to clean off the hair. Then she showered. The moment she was done showering, she dried off and laid down in her bed. It was unlike Iris to take a nap during the day. But between the sun, the alcohol, and the shower, she drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

In the other room Isis was stumbling around trying to find her laptop charger. She had taken her anxiety medication and it had her loopy. Isis guessed it was also the glass of wine that she'd drank after the fact. But, she'd had a long half day at work. School was out finally. She'd just had to go for a workshop and it wasn't pleasant at all. Just when she located it beneath her desk, her phone rang. Her eyes lit up when she saw that it was her man.

"Hey babe," she sang into the phone.

"Hello Isis. We need to talk," said Bradley sternly. Damn, what has happened now? Isis thought. She could tell something was wrong by the tone of his voice.

"Remember I told you I had to go the doctor this morning, right?" asked Bradley.

"Yes," said Isis. Her heart was beating fast. She was hoping he didn't have cancer or some terminal illness. She wanted to get married and live happily ever after. There was no way she wanted anything to happen to her fiancé before she got that chance.

"Well, I went, and they did a full work up on me. They tested me for everything. Imagine my surprise when they called me back a little while ago to inform me that I have chlamydia," said Bradley.

"What the hell?" asked Isis.

"That's the same thing I said. I have only been with one woman, one woman, Isis. And, that one woman who happens to be my fiancée is you," said Bradley.

"Bradley, babe, I swear to you that I haven't had sex with anyone besides you either. Before you and I even met it was a year before I had sex. I went for my pap smear six months ago and I was clean. Have you sat down on any toilet seats anywhere? Wore anyone's underwear? I mean there must be some type of explanation. Did they get your test results mixed up?" asked Isis.

"Nice try Isis. But, no to all of it. I have tried to trust and believe you. But, this is the last straw. First that woman showed up at your house. Now I have a got damn STD. I hate to say this. But, I can't marry you. Plus, my mother said that your family is affiliated with Voodoo. Oh my God. This is a nightmare. What have I gotten myself into?" asked Bradley.

"Wait a damn minute. First, I know your momma isn't talking. Ask her how she knows my family is affiliated with Voodoo. She is a paying customer. Secondly, all them women that call you all times of day and night, how do I not know you didn't screw one of them and get chlamydia? I'm a clean woman. I don't fuck around. I've never in my life had an STD. If I was going to fuck around, I would have had him wear a condom. I'm not stupid. You need to check yourself.

"Yes, you're right. I do. The worst thing I could've ever done was sleep with you. If I hadn't slept with you, I would've found out about your family before I ended up with this STD. Then it would've never happened," said Bradley.

"Bradley, we just talked about this at your house. You said you didn't have a problem with me having different religious views than you," Isis yelled through the phone. He was making her mad as hell. She was trembling on the inside and out.

"Isis, I can't deal with Voodoo. That is the work of the devil. Its evil," this time it was Bradley yelling.

"Bradley, babe, its not evil. Our African ancestors brought it over during slavery. Ask yourself this question. Who did we pray to before we were brought over here on the slave ship? That was way before Christianity even existed. Be smart Bradley. You are a smart man. Be smart for once and think clearly," said Isis even though she knew it was to no avail.

"Isis, I love you. But, I love God more. Goodbye," said Bradley before he hung up before Isis could reply.

"No!" Isis screamed. Tears streamed down her face as she tried to call him back. She tried over and over again and he wouldn't answer. After about the twentieth time, she realized the phone started going to voicemail. Isis knew then that she'd been blocked.

*Please Give me some feedback. Like, Comment, Share, Vote!
It will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in Advance!
LitQueen💋