''Rita c'mon they're out!'' Lara Jean jumped excitedly, her ponytail dangling around, after even the teacher left the classroom. 

''I can't.'' Rita shook her head ferociously.  

''Or you go look by yourself or Peter is going to burst in trough the door in about 2 minutes telling you himself.'' LJ laughed pointing to his empty seat. 

 ''What if I don't get in?'' She asked in a whisper as she dramatically stood up as if reality turned into slow camera motion. 

Lara Jean's eyebrows furrowed as she pointed to Rita as if telling ''how would you not get in if everything you do screams drama queen?''

''Let's go!'' Her brunette friend grabbed at her wrist and next thing Rita knew they were walking along the hallway to the entry that seemed now so lengthy it was painful.   

''I'm going to throw up.'' Rita knew by the terrified look on LJ's eyes she was having a deja vú from not long ago. 

''RITA!'' She heard then, Peter scream at the top of his lungs as he ran full speed towards them. 

''We're in!'' He shouted with a big smile as he opened his arms ready to embrace the petite girl. 

  ''What?'' Rita took to steps backwards, her mouth dropped to the floor.  

  ''You're in baby!'' And after realizing Rita wasn't going to hug him by herself Peter took his arms to her waist and pulled the girl into his chest. ''You're in!'' Her feet became light as he lifted her up from the floor, without a single worry as if she was made of feathers, and spun her in the air. She glued her hands around his strong neck and looked at him; His eyes wrinkled up as he released the most genuine smile Rita had ever seen, they then held the stars themselves inside, she couldn't help it but match his expression. 

Really to anyone seeing the two from the outside they looked like two weirdos giggling at each others while doing some weird dance. 

''We're in!'' She shouted as well cupping his face while his hands still held their bodies together now on the floor. Rita felt him lean towards her palms at the touch, like he had been craving it for too long and there was that static again, that crackling in the air that's always happened whenever the two of them got within a couple centimeters of each other.   

Rita's left hand traveled to and along his curls, stopping then at the back of his neck. She didn't have to give in to the protruding will that screamed inside her head to just pull him closer and kiss him because Peter leaned in himself, so close she felt his breath on her lips. 

''I knew it.'' He smiled as he brushed his nose on hers. Rita smiled back but before there could be any other action a loud cough woke them from their trance. 

 The brunette boy left Rita so quickly it seemed automatic, her body felt cold and unsafe now and she hated it, hated how weird his absence made her feel. 

''Congratulations you two!'' Lara Jean said happily, after throwing Rita a warning look. 

Now, free from his spell Rita realized what could have happened, there, in the middle of the hallway for everyone to see and run to tell Gen in less than a second. She threw her friend a thankful and ashamed look. 

''Thank you LJ!'' Peter said happily, his body language screaming awkwardness, but he sure disguised it in a eye blink. ''I mean, obviously!'' 

''Too cocky'' Rita threw to the side with a smirk painted on her fine features. 

''Peter!'' Rita's whole body reacted the same way a cat would to danger, as Gen's voice echoed trough the walls. She did not only hiss. ''What are you doing?'' Her head tilted.

''I got in the theater club Genevieve.'' He said now, not even half as excited as he was when he had dropped the same news to Rita.

''Do you even like that?'' She asked raising her eyebrows, before glancing Rita from head to feet. ''That's for nerds baby.'' She snorted as she grabbed at his arm like a koala. 

''So what? I'm a nerd.'' Peter was quick to remove himself from her holding. ''And yes I like it.'' He said after, pulling at the strap of his backpack while intensively staring at Rita. 

The girl felt her ears start to burn so she gave him a shy smile back. 

Gen looked extremely offended by Peter's action, so offended she couldn't stand still, it was almost like she had some breeze going so strong trough her she couldn't keep hold of her own body. 

''And these two losers? What are you doing with them?'' 

''Gen, missed you honey.'' Rita smiled leaning her head to the side and faking an accent that reminded of a very rich old lady and she could swear Peter snorted. 

''Gen, don't even start.'' The boy massaged his forehead, probably to hide his smile. ''Let's just go.''

''What? Peter I've told you I don't want you-'' Gen's voice faded as they walked away but Rita didn't care. 

''You're welcome by the way, this could have been a disaster scale 10 to humanity.'' Lara Jean joked after as they left the school gates. ''But you two look really cute together I can't lie.'' 

The new that she had indeed slayed the audition provoked almost a party at dinner time, making Rita feel so loved her heart could burst out from her chest.

''That's my cousin!'' Isaac congratulated after kissing her forehead. 

''You get to be a princess all the time right?'' Amor asked, eyes twinkling brighter than the stars outside. 

''I maybe do!'' Rita winked. 

There was only one person left to tell the great news to.

~ Present ~

''Hi mom!'' Rita greeted happily ''I have great news!!''

''Listen baby, I don't have much time.''

Rita's heart began to race, as her mouth became deprived of all moist. 

''Y-yeah?''

''We are under attack, our camp. I won't be able to call for a while. But I promise you with my soul I'll be okay.'' 

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

V

You are worth it. Remember that.