Sweet San Diego

*Samantha's Perspective*

"I'm so happy you're visiting!" My mother exclaimed as Jacob and I approached her. She hugged us both tightly. "Samantha this is Luke. Luke this is my daughter Samantha and her boyfriend Jacob."

"Your mother has talked very highly of you," Luke informed me, shaking my hand then shaked Jacob's.

"Are you two hungry?" My mom asked.

"Always," I answered, making Luke laugh.

"I have dinner prepared at home," she said joyously. My mom led us to her car and Jacob took my hand as we walked behind my mom and Luke.

"So how long are the two of you staying?" Luke asked.

"A week," Jacob answered,, "school starts soon."

"How's school in La Push?" He asked.

"Pretty good, we have a good sports program," Jacob replied.

"You play any sports? I know Samantha does gymnastics," Luke stated.

"Just a little football," he answered.

"He's amazing at football," I cut in, "he's just too humble to admit it."

"I second that," my mom stated, turning around and smiling at Jacob.

"Got any scholarships lined up?" Luke asked.

"University of Washington and Seattle want me, but I'm not even sure what I want to do," Jacob informed Luke.

"Well you don't have to know yet. You should at least apply," Luke stated.

We reached the house and  Jacob helped me get my luggage from the trunk.

"Did you two want a room together?" My mom whispered into my ear as we reached the porch.

"If you're fine with it. I promise you we are doing nothing inappropriate," I assured her.

"You can stay in your bedroom with him then," she informed me before unlocking the door. "Go put your stuff away then we'll eat. I'll get everything ready for dinner."

"Come on, follow me," I told Jacob, leading him upstairs to my bedroom. Since I lived in this house longer, my room was much more decorated. I had a few stuffed animals laying around and I personalized my room. There wasn't a TV since my dad spoiled me more because I saw him less often and it was a distraction from school. Jacob put his suitcases next to mine then laid on my bed and looked around.

"Glow in the dark stars," he commented smiling.

"We don't really get stars in big towns," I informed him sitting next to him. He noticed my large bookshelf filled from floor to ceiling.

"No wonder why you're so smart," he stated awestruck. There were books on there from childhood to now; I couldn't bare to get rid of them .

"Yeah," I said laughing, "that's just a side hobby. Let's go eat."

We headed down the stairs quickly and I led him to the kitchen . My mom set up the table nicely and she put four spots across from each other. Luke and her were sitting at the table talking and my mom was smiling the whole time.

"What's for dinner?" Jacob asked politely, looking at the different trays in the middle of the table.

"Samantha's favorite: garbanzo beans with cod fish," my mom informed him.

She scooped some garbanzo beans onto her plate while I got a large cod. We all grabbed what we wanted then I went to the kitchen and got us drinks.