Another One Bites the Dust

*Samantha's Perspective*

Rachel, Jacob and I all walked over to Sam and Emily's house. I didn't exactly walk, instead I got a piggy back ride from Jake. I've been feeling extremely tired for no apparent reason and my arm was still kind of bothering me from when Jake clawed me, luckily it was just a scar.

"How did you get so strong? You're only seventeen, you should not be strong enough to walk ten miles while carrying someone that easily," Rachel commented panting from our long walk. If only she knew.

"I don't know, football maybe," Jake replied hefting me up higher on his back. He walked as though he only walked five steps with me on his back.

"I dont get it," Rachel said laughing. We enter Sam and Emily's house and are first greeted by Emily.

"Rachel Black, is that you? I haven't seen you since graduation," Emily commented hugging Rachel.

"I've been busy in college," Rachel easily lied. I knew she didn't want to be where her mom died. Most people didn't even know how she really died, including Rachel.

"Well, it's good to have you back and I hope you can stay a while. You came at a good timing, I was just feeding the boys in the kitchen," Emily commented and led us into the kitchen. I hopped off Jacob's back and took his hand instead. He smiled down at me and let me go first into the room. Jared and Sam were sitting around the large table.

"Hey Sammy," Jared immediately greeted, paying no mind to much else but his food. Jacob sat down next to him and I took a seat on Jacob's lap leaning against him. He wrapped his arms gently around me, preventing me from falling off his lap. "No couple business at the table."

"Sorry Jared, but he's kind of my boyfriend. Don't worry, one day you'll find yourself a pretty girl too," I teased and kissed his cheek. He blushed a little but glared at me. I reluctantly slid off Jacob's lap though and got my own chair.

"Your lady just kissed me. Are you okay with this?" Jared asked Jacob.

"Eh, it was a pity kiss," Jacob responded laughing.

"Just ignore them," Emily told Rachel while bringing muffins to the table.

"I've been doing that all week," Rachel said smiling. She talked to Emily and Sam, but I could tell that she was just as uncomfortable about their closeness although they were sitting a good distance away from each other.

"I smell muffins," I heard Paul call out as he entered through the back door, covered in mud and shirtless.

"Staring is rude Samantha," Jared chastised. I was much more focused on the mess he was trailing behind him. I noticed Paul's eyes flicker on Rachel's then do a double take. I saw an instant connection in both of their eyes and I immediately understood what happened. Emily was the only other person who noticed and we shared a look. Paul grabbed a muffin then took a seat next to Rachel who was still watching him.

"Hello, I'm Paul. You must be Rachel," Paul introduces holding out his hand. I bet you he's never done that in his life. The boys didn't notice the look in Paul's eyes, but noticed the change in his behavior. Jacob threw a muffin at Paul.

"Back off Paul, that's my sister," Jacob warned.

"Can we go for a quick walk?" I whispered in his ear. He heard the urgency in my voice and we got up. I turned to the others and gave Emily a look, "we'll be right back."

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked as soon as we got out of the wolves hearing range.

"They imrpinted," I informed Jacob, but backed up, worried for the repercussions. I knew how bad the pain was from getting clawed. He got really still, before his body started to shake. I walked further into the forest.