The Junkyard

*Jacob's Perspective*

"We have to get you the new parts for that car," Sammy insisted as she entered the garage. Her hair was slightly soaked from the walk over, but she was barefoot and wearing shorts. Perks of being a shapeshifter.

"I will buy parts after we check the junkyard. They have a lot of good stuff there," I stated, coming up to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and let my arms rest on the curves of her hips. I leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips.

"As long as I get to help buy the parts when you can't find them," Sammy replied, smiling up at me.

"You will need more protective clothes and rainboots, I don't care that you're a shapeshifter," I warned her. She had been slightly careless about safety since she found out she healed quickly.

"Fine," she huffed. She walked away and headed toward her house, but stopped at the garage door. "You coming?"

I followed Sammy to her house and we headed straight upstairs. She found a pair of old ripped jeans and grabbed a worn out jacket. I turned when she started to dress, but it was hard trying not to peep. When she was done getting dressed, she sat on my lap, but faced me full on. I admired her outfit and the way it hugged her curves. She rested her arms on my shoulders and leaned in. Her kiss was aggressive but I was hungry for her lips against mine. My lips tingled where her lips touched mine and I knew she wanted to be a little more intimate today. I pulled back and stared into her eyes.

"Not now," I stated. I wanted her to at least be in college first. No complications before that; nothing that would push back her dreams. She climbed off me, but still smiled at me. I wrapped my arms around her waist again and kissed her softly, nothing more. We headed downstairs and spotted Alex.

"Alex, can we borrow your car? We're heading over to the junkyard," Sammy asked. Claire was sitting next to him and somehow, I could just tell that she knew everything. Maybe Alex just told her, but there was some type of look in her eye.

"Yeah, it's raining pretty hard so be careful driving it. Jacob I think you should drive it since you're used to the rain," Alex answered. He sounded more mature somehow, aged. Something was definitely up.

Sammy headed to the foyer and grabbed the keys then grabbed her rain boots from the closet. Luckily, I was already dressed and had my hiking boots on. I took the keys from her and we headed out to the car. It was raining harder than earlier so Sammy and I raced to the car. We quickly slid in, slightly soaked. She sat next to me shivering a little and I wrapped an arm around her. I drove us to the junkyard which was always open. I parked on the outskirts of the junkyard then we hopped out.

"What are we looking for?" Sammy asked.

"Large silver car pieces," I told her. Whatever she found would probably be useful. "I don't want parts that are covered in rust though, it's a pain in the ass to take that off."

"Gotcha," she responded and we headed in opposite directions looking for parts.

I didn't see many car parts that I didn't have already. I found some more side mirrors that were in better condition than mine and headlights that I could keep for future repairs. I put them away in the truck bed then continued my voyage for good parts. I spotted a shiny metal piece a few feet away from me and walked toward it. Suddenly, I heard Sammy scream loudly. I looked around the junkyard and spotted her crumbling to the ground. I ran to her as fast as I could.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I got closer. She was still screaming and hyperventilating. I grabbed her and pulled her toward me as she collapsed in my arms, crying. I held her close to me and tried to make her feel better. "It's okay. Whatever it is, it's okay."