XXXVIII. WHERE'S MY MIND?

Comenzar desde el principio

Scott frowned, "you don't think it would work?"

"This is more of a war with the mind than the body," he replied, not breaking eye contact with Void, "there are better methods for winning this battle."

Deaton looked up, curious, "what kind of methods?"

The former alpha said nothing but flicked his claws out, the sound of the small blades slicing through the air filling everybody's ears. Void Stiles cocked his head to the side as he stared at them, clearly amused.

"We're gonna get into his head."

"What's the plan?" Harper asked Peter hesitantly, pressing down on her fingertips- a technique to control her anxiety she had learned back in her early counselling days.

"Scott is going to try and dig through pale and sickly Evil Stiles' mind to unearth pale and sickly Real Stiles," the blue-eyed man began to explain, "then guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious. But he's not gonna do it alone."

Scott's brows tugged together.

"What do you mean?" The Hispanic boy frowned.

Peter smirked over at Harper, "someone's gotta go in with you. And who better than pale and sickly Stiles' girlfriend?"

The smirk on Void's face only widened as he tilted his head backwards, his hazel eyes meeting Harper's again. She stared back at him, her own eyes wider than usual from shock. Great.

Peter went over the plan in more detail, Harper and Scott listening intently to every word that left his lips. Scott and Harper were worried about messing up, or it not working and losing more hope, but they didn't need to communicate their feelings to know they both felt the exact same way.

Whilst Harper took her place on the couch next to Void, Peter took Scott's hand and aligned his claws up in the right position on the back of Stiles' neck.

"What do we do if we find him?" The alpha asked nervously.

"You're gonna have to guide him out somehow," Peter replied with a small shrug, "try to give him back control to his mind, his body."

He grabbed Scott's other hand and gently placed it on the back of Harper's neck this time. She felt his nails slightly dig into her cold skin, causing her to shudder a little.

Lydia folded her arms across her chest from where she was stood watching anxiously beside Melissa and Deaton.

"Could you explain to them what you mean by 'somehow'?" She scoffed, "it's all feeling not very specific at the moment."

"Improvise," Peter suggested.

"Thanks for the pep talk," Scott muttered sarcastically.

Harper scoffed, "bloody inspiring. Besides, how do we know that this isn't just some kind of trick?"

Peter rolled his eyes, "when are you people going to start trusting me?"

The dark-eyed boy sighed from behind Harper, "she meant Void."

"Oh."