"I wish we lived back then." You mumbled, Lexa's lips grazing your cheek.

"Why?" Lexa tried gently. "That seems...dull."

"Dull?" You scoffed. "It was romantic."

"(Y/n), we couldn't even be together back then." Lexa reminded teasingly.

"But you'd risk an affair for me, wouldn't you?" You smirked. "Oh, I can see it now. You'd be royalty."

Lexa rolled her eyes. "You dream too much, (Y/n)."

"I dream about us." You defended in a murmur. You gazed dreamily at the screen once more, and Lexa seemed to get the message. Lexa stood, gently sliding off the bed, noticing your frown. She turned, in time with the music, and bowed.

"Lady (Y/n), may I have this dance?" She batted her eyelashes expressively.

"Nerd." You gasped, though your eyes lit up as you offered Lexa your hand. Lexa smiled and lifted you off the edge, bringing you to her own level. She wound an arm around your hips as yours found her shoulder, the other two hands meeting and clasping.

You began to sway around the room, laughing and giggling at their imperfect missteps, completely ignoring the movie after a while.

You felt the lights of the room spin, and you felt a lump in your throat that wasn't entirely uncomfortable. The butterflies in your stomach intensified, and you knew immediately what it was.

Oh, god, you were so in love with Lexa Woods.

Lexa smiled, leaning down to kiss you, and you reciprocated eagerly, hooking your arms around Lexa's neck as you leapt up, wrapping your thighs around Lexa's body. Lexa held you with one hand as she effectively shut off the TV, their labored breaths not quite as disruptive.

You let out a soft moan when Lexa bit down on your bottom lip, and she deepened the kiss, your thighs clenching at the sudden rush of heat rippling through your body.

Lexa's hands had your dress hiked up, though they were careful not to wander. Lexa felt impulse control her as she backed you onto the bed, crawling over you as she attacked your neck with passionate, open mouthed kisses.

"Lex." You whined, and then, in one swift motion, flipped her over, smirking as you assaulted Lexa's lips once more. Your hands, desperate and eager, found the hem of Lexa's dress shirt, sliding up onto the expanse of Lexa's flattened, muscled abs.

You groaned as you dragged your fingers across them, earning a smirk from Lexa.

"Shirt." You demanded, lifting the shirt all the way, allowing Lexa to pull it up and over her head. Your eyes hungrily took in Lexa's toned body, and you leaned back down to kiss her, hands raking Lexa's abdomen, perhaps your favorite feature of Lexa's. Besides her eyes...and her lips...and her smile...okay, you loved every inch of Lexa. "So hot." You mumbled against Lexa's lips, feeling a fire ignite in your stomach.

You'd never wanted, no, needed Lexa this badly.

"(Y/n)?" Lexa asked tentatively, knowing her girlfriend's reservations about these levels of intimacy and beyond.

"I'm fine." You assured her, though your heart was pounding in your chest. Lexa wasted no time reattaching to your lips as she slid her hands down your dress straps, revealing your bra first, pausing at the zipper down the side. She felt you stiffen.

"(Y/n)." Lexa's breathy voice was more pointed this time. "We don't have to."

"No." You croaked. "Lexa, do it."

Lexa bit her lip and slowly peeled the dress off, feeling you go rigid in her grip. When her eyes made contact with the beautiful expanse of your skin, she understood why. From under your breast, extending all the way down to the side of your hips, near the line of your panties, was a cross body scar. It looked more painful than anything, and Lexa's heart ached at the sight of the angry red flesh.