Chapter 41

In a nice change of pace, you and Lexa were at the (Y/l/n) residence bustling around the kitchen, Abby having retreated to Kane's house (you wondered how she and the hellbeast of a dog got along, what with the less-than-warm welcome you and Lexa had received).

You rifled through some of the playlists on your phone, as cooking was never complete without music, and Lexa smiled when the familiar voice of Freddie Mercury reverberated through the empty hallways.

"Fan of the classics, huh?" Lexa asked, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's stomach as you swayed slightly to the tune of the music.

"I was raised on them," you told her, a small, faraway smile on your face, "my dad said that a daughter that didn't like Queen couldn't be a daughter of his at all, so I took to them pretty quickly. He had an old record player that we'd listen to vinyls on all the time."

"Do you still have it?" Lexa wondered, and you shook your head.

"No, we still have the vinyls, but I think that my mom sold the record player, too many memories, you know?" Lexa hummed, gauging your mood. You didn't seem sad, just wistful, so she spun you around and kissed you quickly.

"Smooth moves, Woods," you grinned, and Lexa bowed.

"Only for you, m'lady."

Almost of their own accord, Lexa's sock-clad feet started moving, sliding across the hardwood floors and dragging you with her, the two of you dancing around the kitchen while Lexa kept one eye on the food in the oven.

"Not too shabby, Woods," you grinned as Lexa lead you around.

"Of course not," Lexa scoffed, "my parents had me enrolled in ballroom dancing classes since I was old enough to walk."

"Of course they did," you laughed, "I can just imagine little you in a dress, scrunching your nose at your little partner." Lexa grinned, swooping in to steal another quick kiss as the two of you continued to move, the song smoothly transitioning into Crazy Little Thing Called Love .

"It was Lincoln, actually, but I still pulled faces, he stepped on my toes too many times."

"So I'm a better dance partner than Lincoln?" You teased. "That's a relief, at least."

"(Y/n)," Lexa said seriously, "you are eons ahead of Lincoln in any and all competitions that may arise between the two of you."

"Even football?"

"...maybe not that," Lexa acquiesced, "but I've faith that under my tutelage, you'll soon be much better than him." You snorted at that and pressed your face into Lexa's shirt.

"Good luck with that, baby, I'm about as athletic as you're straight." Lexa made a disgruntled noise and you laughed.

"You can't be that bad."

"You doubt me even after the Miss Whittaker story?"

"I have the utmost faith in you, (Y/f/n)," Lexa responded honestly, and you smiled up at her.

"Have I mentioned today how much I love you, Alexandria Anastasia Woods?"

"Hmmm," Lexa feigned ignorance, "not that I know of, you'll have to remind me." You giggled and pressed a kiss to Lexa's lips.

"I love you, Alexandria Anastasia Woods." Every word was punctuated by another kiss, though the last one lingered, deepening into something beyond the previous chaste shows of affection, and Lexa hummed contentedly as she hoisted you up from under your butt, your legs wrapping around her waist without a second thought.

"And I love you, (Y/n), light of my life, my sunshine," Lexa breathed back, having pulled away for a brief moment to breathe, "speaking of, I was wondering if you'd do me the extreme honor of―"