«Chapter 18»

When Ashton woke up he was in Luke's bedroom. The window was still left wide open and surprisingly, so was the door.

Ashton wished Calum was here because he was too scared to even get off the bed. This was a test wasn't it? Luke wanted to see if he was going to escape again, wasn't he?

This whole thing was a test and if he chose anyone of those options then he would get hurt again. He looked at both his options and started shaking. He wished he could do something but he couldn't. He tried everything and it didn't work. Luke was just too powerful, he won. Ashton's heart skipped a beat and he looked towards the door hopefully. He had no idea for what.

His bladder protested but he stayed in bed. What if Luke came up when he was going to the bathroom and thought he left? He would get punished.

Ashton was now shaking like a leaf, jumping at every small sound he heard. When he finally did hear the dreaded sound of footsteps on the stairs, he scrambled to huddle in the corner of the room.

When he realized that Luke couldn't see him if he came in, he went to run back to the bed but it was too late. He looked into Luke's eyes for only a second before he quickly looked down at his feet. His hands were shaking so bad that even Luke could see them from across the room.

There was a minute of silence before Luke finally spoke up, "You're still here? I thought you would've left through the window when you realized it was still open."

"N-no sir, I would never leave you." Ashton stuttered, daring a glance up to see Luke's confused face.

"But you've tried so many times before, what makes you think I'll even believe you?" He wondered in fascination.

"I prom-promise I'll never leave you sir. I'm sorry for being bad before. I-I'll never leave you again." Ashton kept his gaze down this time, too terrified of this whole situation. He would never win.

It was silent again for a few minutes this time before Luke wondered incredulously, "What's gotten into you? Where's your fight princess?" He took a step forward, making Ashton stumble back fearfully as far into the wall as he could.

"You win." Ashton whispered as a few tears finally escaped his eyes slowly. He fearfully wiped them away quickly, thinking it would make Luke angry.

And it did, just not the way he thought.

"Are you scared?" Luke whispered, walking over to him and leaning over Ashton's shaking frame. Ashton's knees finally gave out as he slide down the wall. He didn't answer, just tried to bury his face in his arms. "I said, are you scared?" Luke said forcefully, gripping Ashton's face and making him look him in the eyes.

Tears streamed down Ashton's face, and Luke let go of him, taking a step back before he punched the wall above Ashton's head. Ashton screamed and covered his face while Luke just glared away from him.

Ashton was full on sobbing now. This was it he guessed. Luke was finally going to kill him. As much as he wished he could take it with a hard face, he couldn't stop crying.

"Of course you are, I'm nothing but a monster, right? That's what you called me before isn't it?" Ashton looked up at him, more tears falling as he stayed silent. Luke got down on his knees so he was level with Ashton as he leaned close to him. "You're right, I'm nothing but a monster. I'll hurt you and beat you to the ground with a smile on my face. I could kill you and-" He stopped himself and took a deep breath. "I could kill you right now, and I'd never get caught."

Ashton shook more at that statement but his eyes went wide, his tears stoping abruptly in shock as a single tear fell from Luke's eye.

"I could kill you...but I won't." He whispered. He looked so vulnerable as he looked at Ashton. But then his face hardened and he got up as fast as he had showed up, slamming the door shut behind him.

Ashton knew that somewhere inside Luke, there was a part of him that felt bad, a part of him that was good.