«Chapter 3»

Ashton
I woke up to a loud noise, practically jumped 5 feet in the air.

I sat up, my back aching from sleeping on the cement floor. I refused to sleep on the bed, even though it looked extremely comfy.

There was another loud bang from upstairs. It was coming from above me and I looked up at the ceiling as the boards shook only slightly. Some dust fell down and I coughed and rubbed at my eyes as it fell down on my face.

I didn't even want to know what was going on upstairs. But not even 30 minutes later, the door to the basement opened and I squinted my eyes at the bright light.

The stairs squeaked as someone walked down them, and I pressed myself more against the wall, not daring to look up and see who it was. I kept my gaze on my hands that were rested on my lap.

They stopped right in front of me and all I could see were their shoes.

"I'm glad your finally up." An unfamiliar voice said and I let out a sigh of relief, it wasn't Luke.

I looked up, met with brown eyes. The boy was holding a tray of food and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Were they planning on keeping me alive?

I could faintly remember the boys name, something like Colton?

"That's a nice shiner you got there. What did you do to get that?" He asks and I only glare at him. At the mention of it, my eye throbbed and I groaned.

"Yeah, it looks like it hurts. I would get you some ice but I don't know if that's aloud. And I don't want to get in trouble." He mumbles and I furrow my eyebrows. Was this boy like me?

He seems to realize he's frowning and quickly hides it with a big smile. "So what's your name? I'm Calum."

When I stay silent he frowns again. "You can tell me, I won't tell them. You don't have to be scared of me."

"A-Ashton." I say shakily and he nods.

"It's going to be okay Ashton. You just have to listen to what they say and they won't hurt you, promise." He says and I only nod hesitantly.

"Well I-" He starts but then there's a loud bang upstairs that makes us both jump.

"Uh-um-here eat this and don't tell them I gave it to you, okay? This is our little secret." He says quickly and gives me some of the food that was on the tray. I eat it quickly and he hands me a cup of water.

He was making me nervous with the way he was acting all of a sudden, he was looking behind himself and being jittery as he waited for me to be done.

He quickly picked up the tray when I was done and he smiled at me quickly before jumping up and walking to the door.

"Thank you." I mumble and he turns to smile at me.

"Don't mention it." He goes to turn around again but he stops to look at me seriously. "Don't, though. Really don't mention it please."

I nod quickly and he runs up the stairs and I hear the door close and lock.

I had no idea what just happened but I did know that I could trust Calum in someway, maybe not completely but more then the others.

I frowned as I thought of how he seemed to be in the same situation like me. Was he kidnapped like me? But he was aloud to do what he liked, sort of.

Maybe...maybe I should listen to him? Maybe if I did then I would get more freedom and get out of this basement. Maybe then I could escape, or possibly Calum could help me leave, and he could come with me too.

I smiled at that, new hope. I was going to get out of here.

Ok wtf this has 666 words ok bYe.

But what do you guys think is up with Calum?

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia