«Chapter 17»

My world is slowly crumbling around me.

The police officer seems to hesitate but let's me go. Andrew takes advantage of his hesitation as he starts apologizing profusely and dragging me out of the police station.

"No! I'm not crazy! He's one of them! Please, you have to help me." I begged and they all exchanged looks. In the end, they all shook their heads with disturbed looks.

"Just get him out of here. And keep a close eye on him." One officer said sternly. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They were just going to let him drag me out of here, kicking and screaming. He agreed quickly.

Andrew pushed me into the backseat of his car, strapping me in as quickly as he could as I tried to punch him.

Before I even realized what he did; Andrew cuffed my hand to the door and climbed into the front seat. He started the car and drove off quickly as I started kicking his seat. I screamed at him from the top of my lungs.

This guy was a monster just like his son.

He turned around in his seat and smiled at me apologetically. "You have to understand Ashton. I want a relationship with Luke again and I can tell how much you mean to him. This is my chance."

I only spit in his face. He grunted and quickly started wiping it away in disgust. The car sped up and I was thrown back into the seat.

I didn't know what else to do. How was I supposed to get away? I felt like I had tried everything, and apparently Luke was too powerful. Nothing worked and at this point it looked like I was going to be stuck here forever like Calum.

Tears started to fall down my face and I didn't even try to wipe them away. This was it, this was going to be my life now. I guess it was about time I started listening then. I didn't want to get punished for the rest of my life.

Andrew opened my door and un-cuffed me. He pulled me out a little harshly and dragged me back to the house. It was eerily silent as he knocked on the door. I was now shaking like a leaf. I couldn't even imagine what kind of trouble I would be in.

When no one answered, Andrew knocked harder until it finally opened. Luke stood there with a glare on his face. I could see some gauze peeking out from his shirt where he must have wrapped his shoulder.

"What do you want?" Luke spit and Andrew swallowed thickly. He looked down at me and then back at Luke, smiling.

"I brought Ashton back for you. I thought you might be missing him." He chuckled lightly but stopped when he realized he was the only one laughing.

I stared at the both of them with wide eyes. My body was tense, I was ready to run away. Luke hadn't looked at me once yet but now he did. He looked down at me and his face was blank.

"How far did he get?" Luke wondered in a monotone voice and I tensed even more, the tears still flowing down my face.

"All the way to the police. I got there just in time, and I barely got him out." It seemed Andrew thought Luke would say something else but it was completely silent-save from the small whimpering noises I was making as Andrew pushed me forward just the slightest. "You're welcome." He said pointedly.

Luke finally looked away from me and turned to Andrew. He glared at him with such hatred that I cowered away. I was terrified of what would happen to me. "You shouldn't have brought him back."

"What?" Andrew spluttered, looking at Luke like he was crazy. "The cops don't suspect anything! They think he's crazy. You're safe."

"And I don't care about that. You shouldn't have brought him back here. I don't want him anymore." He turned to look at me briefly as my heart made hard thumps against my ribcage. I could hear it in my ears.

"What do you mean, you don't want him?" Andrew seemed mad now, he didn't look like the nice man I had first met. He had this look in his eyes that made me think he wasn't like Luke at all; but worse. When Luke didn't say anything more but started to close the door, Andrew pulled me back. "I'll just take him then! There must have been a reason you took him!" Luke froze and Andrew slowly smiled. "Maybe I'll have a turn." He pulled me into his side and I cried out. I couldn't stop sobbing now. If Luke was bad, I could tell his dad would be hell.

"Please." I sobbed and Luke finally turned around. For just a second he seemed to plead with me through his eyes. "Luke please." I begged. I would pick the lesser of the two evils any-day.

"We aren't even, we never will be. This whole thing is your fault and you know it." Luke looked Andrew dead in the eye as he ripped me out of his arms and pushed me behind him. "And if I ever see you again, I'm going to kill you." Andrew scoffed but Luke continued. "Don't come near me or Ashton ever again, do you hear me?" Luke looked dangerous but I couldn't help but hide behind him and clutch his shirt tightly. For some reason I knew he would protect me from Andrew, and he was the biggest threat right now.

"I understand." Andrew finally muttered, glaring at the both of us. "But you know as well as anyone else that this is all you Luke. It always has been."

Luke seemed to snap as he pushed me inside and shoved his father to the ground. "You only used my mum to have a kid because you're sick! Where is she now? Huh? You killed someone in front of me when I was 7! And it didn't stop there! You made me watch every time!" Luke was a caged animal as he looked at his father. He looked crazy as he crouched down to be eye level with the man. "No matter what you do, I'll never be your son. And you never deserved my mum." Luke went to turn around when Andrew started laughing.

"If I hadn't used your mother and gotten rid of her then you wouldn't be here." He kept laughing, until Luke turned around with a fire in his eyes. I was glued to the ground as I watched it all go down.

"I wish I was never born then!" He screamed and punched Andrew over and over. I watched as Luke beat the crap out of what was once his father.

There was a commotion behind me until Michael pushed his way past me and ended up dragging Luke away from Andrew. I was shaking like a leaf when they both came back inside.

I waited to be hit or kicked as well, or to be punished for leaving. Michael brought Luke upstairs while Calum quickly hugged me.

"I thought I'd never see you again. Are you okay?" Calum asked. I nodded my head distractedly, waiting for Luke and Michael to come back downstairs and hurt me. I stayed curled up in Calum's lap for hours. He let me just lay there as he played with my hair.

My fears were never met though, because Luke and Michael never did anything to me.