Part 32: Forced Hand

You approached the tunnel barricade and began to slowly dismantle it, as to not alert anyone of your presence yet. The tunnel led to a long hallway that stretched throughout the length of the house. You poked your head out into the tunnel but, the eerie silence made it impossible to know if anyone was close or not. You pushed towards the stairs that led to the tower. You kept your Vector raised as you knew that there was immense danger around every corner. You moved up to the stairs and looked up, but again saw nothing, and heard less. You were starting to get worried and started to wonder if you should backtrack and take out any support theses guys in the tower might have. As you stood at the bottom of the stairs, a couple of voices could be heard coming from a down the hall towards the front door. You quickly ducked behind some boxes, shrouding yourself in darkness. With your black uniform, you remained almost invisible as the voices grew ever nearer. As they approached the stairs, you could start to make out their conversation. "Man, why can't we keep these Rainbow guys with the other 2 we have in the tower?" one asked. His voice was quite annoyed and he sounded quite young and inexperienced. "Boss, doesn't want all of them in the same place. In case someone else tries to come for them." the other replied. He voice was much deeper and much more calm. He sounded as if he has had quite a lot of experience in this area. At landing to the stairs, they ended their conversation, and split. One went into the construction site, where you entered. The other stayed at the bottom of the stairs. This forced you take action as to try to prevent them from knowing that you had entered the building. From the boxes you slowly stood up, still staying in the shadows and watched the older white mask approach the door slowly. You carefully un-holstered your pistol, which had a silencer on it. And aimed the sights on the back of his head. You would have to be fast. Although you had a silencer. The shot would still be heard from the one standing just a couple meters away from you. You calmed your breathing and when he squatted down to examine the barricade, you pulled the trigger, causing his body to fall forward, where he lay, motionless. You swung yourself to your right, as the one at the stairs, had heard the sound from the shot, and had begun to raise his gun. You thrusted yourself towards the ground so that if shots were fired from him, there would be a smaller chance of you getting shot. You trained the glowing sights onto his head, and pulled the trigger. His head snapped back as the 9mm shell pushed through between his eyes, and he fell forwards. You quickly got up and caught the body, so that there would be no loud noise. You pulled him into the shadows where he would not be found and pushed out down into the hallway, in the hopes of finding your fellow operators.

You moved along the hallway and came to a room that had nothing inside it. It did however lead out to a storage room of sort that also connected to the hallway further down. Hallways still made you anxious, especially with you still sneaking around. You pressed yourself against the wall that led into the storage room, and listened. You didn't hear anything at first, but then you heard some faint shuffling of clothes in the distance. The shuffling continued to get louder, and eventually footsteps could be heard approaching the door you were currently stacked up against. You pulled out your G-18 and aimed it at the door around head level. The footsteps stopped just outside the door. The white mask was but inches from you. It was almost as if he hesitated in coming into the room, knowing that something was off. After a couple seconds, he stepped forward and looked left first and then right, where he was met with the barrel of your gun. You pulled the trigger and he instantly went limp. You pulled him into the shadows and moved into the room. There was one other near another almost empty room, whom you took out with your knife. You could hear noises from the other room. There was the sound of punches being thrown and the grunts could be heard in response. You pulled up your Vector, and decided to check if you packed the silencer for it, as a pistol would not suffice in this situation. To your surprise, you found it stuck in your ammo dump pouch. Although you did not remember when you put the silencer in, you were nonetheless quite happy that you had it, and quickly screwed it onto the barrel of your Vector. You then slowly moved back out to the door and into the hallway, but stopped outside of the large room. You took a quick peek inside and saw your fellow operators, tied to chairs, around a central table. From what you saw, there were 3 white masks around your friends, 1 at the stairs and 1 in a small cubby off to the left from the door. You again slowed your breathing. You  wished that these were the only hostages in the building, which would allow you to use a flash bang in a moment like this. Since you were alone, and there were more hostages, you did not have such a luxury. But you did have the element of surprise. You took one more breath and confirmed your target priorities and swung into the room. You quickly tapped the three around your friends, the other 2 in, shock of seeing their allies collapse to the ground, were slow to react. This led to their death as you shot the one in the left corner and then finally the one by the stairs, as he was starting to raise his weapon. No one fired a shot except you. You let yourself have a little smirk, at how easy that was before moving to your friends. "I was wondering when you'd show comrade." Kapkan whispered. "You were the only one who had the vodka." you replied. You both shared a laugh as you untied him, and the rest of the operators. Montagne was not able to walk without assistance, as he had been shot in the leg. Lion and Twitch were unable to hold a weapon due to their wounds as well. Doc and Kapkan, seemed relatively ok despite their proximity to the blast that incapacitated them. They grabbed their weapons and radioed to the forces outside, telling them that they'll be coming out the front. Doc helped Montagne the best he could, he walked with him up the stairs where they left you alone in the basement.

You quickly moved towards examined the table for anything you could use. Kapkan had left one of his EDD's on the table. You smirked and thought that it would be quite handy to use in case of flanking. So you grabbed it and placed it at the bottom of the stairs that led into the tower. You then began your walk upstairs. You slowly peaked around the corners. Despite the force in the basement, there was minimal resistance going up the stairs onto the first level. There was one person whom you disposed of with your knife. But you then moved up the tower. One of the sides was blocked off by some sheet metal. But you could hear some muffled crying in behind it. There seemed to be nothing up there. But as you swung around the corner to see your parents, your legs gave out. Nothing had happened, your legs just refused to work and you collapsed on the ground, in total confusion. As you tried to figure out why your legs were not working, a loud blast hit you from the ceiling disorienting you. The feeling was like slamming back 15 shots of Kapkan's vodka and it almost made you throw up. You reached for your Vector on your chest and threw yourself onto your back, trying to cover your flank. As you swung around, you noticed a figure had appeared behind you. He kicked your vector as hard as he could knocking it from your hands, and sending it into your face. The Vector sent your head into the concrete floor which disoriented you even more. You reached for your pistol, but as you pulled your head back up, you were met with the barrel of a suppressed MP5, inches from your face. You raised your hands in defeat, and as your vision cleared you saw the familiar bandanna of an old friend.

"Nice to see you again Y/N" he said, after seeing your arms raised. "I'm going to take this from you." he said reaching for your pistol and throwing it away down the stairs. He then moved behind you and grabbed the loop on the back of your vest and pulled you up against the wall, so that your parents were directly in front of you. "We'd hoped you'd come here Y/N." a voice said from behind your parents. As the voice said this, a small Korean lady moved out into the light. You sighed as everything began to make sense. Your legs had stopped because of Dokkaebi, and Echo was waiting above in the rafters to jump down. "We gave you an opportunity, but you squandered it. Now you have to deal with the consequences." Echo said to you. "You guys don't need to do this." you replied. You were desperate. There was no winning situation for you. Someone was leaving here in a body bag. "I beg to differ." Dokkaebi calmly replied. Echo had moved away from you and had moved to a table to your right. There he picked up a magazine and began to load the bullets. "Why are you even doing this. I knew you guys. You were great people." you said, trying anything to bargain and turn them back. "You wouldn't understand." Echo replied, a little shy. This gave you a hint of hope. He didn't seem confident in his actions and even the loading of the bullets was taking longer than it should have. "You're too easy to fool Y/N." Dokkaebi replied. "You're too trusting." she added. Echo finished loading the bullets and pushed the magazine into the pistol, where he then pulled the slide back. He had lowered his bandanna, and you could see his face clearly now. Although he was trying to hide it, you could see fear and unease in his eyes. For an operator trained in these scenarios, he was especially tense. "Whatever you're trying to accomplish, you can't use these terrorists to achieve those goals." you said as Echo had moved behind your parents. "This type of violence, dehumanizes you, and makes it much harder for people to see you as fighters of a cause, and makes them instead see you as brutal murders." you added. "So please don't do this." you begged. Echo raised the pistol behind your mother's head, and held it there. Seconds felt like hours as your heart was racing and your adrenaline was pumping. "Come on Echo." Dokkaebi said. Echo continued to stare down the sights at the back of your mother's head. "DO IT!" Dokkaebi yelled. But Echo continued to resist. Dokkaebi starred in bewilderment. "You can't be serious Echo." she said. Echo looked over at her and then slowly lowered his gun. "He's right, we can't do this." he finally whispered under his breath. Dokkaebi stared at him. The seconds went by. Dokkaebi then broke the silence, by pulling out a handgun of her own and shooting Echo twice in the chest, and then swiftly moving to both your parents and executing them.

(Hope you guys enjoyed the longer chapter today. I was thinking about experimenting a bit after this chapter. I thinking about trying to change the perspective of the events for maybe a chapter or so. But let me know in the comments if you guys would be interested in something like that. Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good one!)