Part 4: The Big Day

You decide to set your alarm early the previous night. A decision you regretted as you looked over at your clock and see that it is 5:30 AM. you reluctantly roll out of bed and put on some training clothes. You decided that you would go and freshen up on your skills before the big rescue. You walk on down to the shooting range and, to your disappointment, it's still closed. "Damn you think, guess I'll come back later, it is quite early." you think to yourself. You decide then to go for a run before heading back to your room. This was part of the daily routine that you maintained from your special forces group. You started with a 5 kilometer run, to get warmed up and build your endurance. You then go to the gym and, to your surprise realize that it is open. You enter and see one other person there on a treadmill. She had a blonde hair, had some old headphones on and was in a green tracksuit. You hadn't seen her before, but you decide to go introduce yourself after you're done your workout. You then go over and do 100 push ups, sit ups, and then 100 pull ups. You had done this for so long that you were obviously incredibly fit, and at the end you weren't all that tired either. As you start to pack up your stuff and get some water, you notice the blonde woman examining you. She then, to your surprise comes up to you to greet you. "Hi, I'm Monika." she says extending a hand and continually looking at your chest and arms. You reach out and shake her hand and reply to her with "Nice to you meet you Monika. My name is Y/N or you can call me Cipher." you finally notice her checking you out. "My eyes are up here." you say pointing to your eyes. This causes her to blush quite heavily. You laugh a bit and tell her that you're just messing with her. "I'm impressed with what you did today, Y/N." she complimented. "Thanks been doing this since I started in special forces." you reply. This led to the two of you starting to hit it off. You talked a lot about previous missions that you had done and some of your field experiences.

Just then you notice Ela walk in. She quickly looked at you with those same cold eyes, but then looked away and started her routine. You look at your watch and realize that it is almost 7:00. You decide to thank Monika for the pleasant conversation and head back to your place to shower and change clothes. After a refreshing, cool shower, you decide to go put on your BDU and go and get some breakfast. You get some eggs and some bacon along with some hash browns and a big glass on orange juice. You sit by yourself as there is almost no one in there with you. You start to dig in and make yourself a mental note to go and get ingredients at some place so you could start making food yourself at your place. Just then a man sits across from you. You haven't met him yet so you go through the usual introduction and you find out that he is called Kapkan. He didn't give his actual name though. You two started to talk for a bit about your different training and you realize that he is big in hand to hand. "We should go at it after you pass the test today comrade." he states. "Sounds like a great idea." you agree shaking his hand. You then excused yourself to go and finally do some shooting. When you arrive at the shooting range. You notice about 8 other operators there. You head to go to pick your weapons. Your eyes instantly move to the Kriss Vector on the wall. You pick it up and attach an EoTech 551 to the top so you didn't have to use the iron sights. You then pick up several Hi-cap mags of .45 acp. You then turn your eyes to your secondary. You pick up a Glock 18 and put it in your holster. You then set up some targets and begin to unload the Vector into the targets heads, getting an incredibly tight grouping right between where the targets eyes would have been. You then hear the click of the empty Vector and swing it over your shoulder where, you then pull out the G-18 and unload into the targets head. You continued this for some time before you decide to then move on to test your skills to see how many targets you can take down in 1 min. You start the test and take down 15 targets with small bursts right between the eyes from your Vector. You then hear that dreaded click and switch to you sidearm to finish the last few targets. You then quickly reload the Vector while the targets reset. You turn around and notice that you had a small crowd watching you. You finish the next few sets and turn around to see your score. 290, 10 points from perfect, beating the previous range record by almost 30 points. This caused cheers from everyone watching you. All except one congratulated you. She had red hair, was wearing an FBI cap and sunglasses. "What is up with people and wearing sunglasses inside?" you think to yourself. She gives you a dirty look and turns away. You don't think much of it and walk back to your place to start to devise plans for how you'll be completing your mission.

You sat in your room for almost 2 hours, going over blueprints of the building and memorizing the layout. You devised a plan of entry that should suit you well and keep the element of surprise on your side. You decide to then get some lunch as it is almost midday. You hope to find Echo in the cafeteria to ask some questions about what to expect. So you head down there, taking your laptop and the blueprints in you bag to go over some more as you eat. As you enter you notice that it is quite full of people so you decide to grab some food and look for Echo. to your disappointment, he was not there. But you noticed one of Echo's friends, Dokkaebi, sitting by herself typing away on her tablet. So you decide to go over. "Hey, Dokkaebi, have you seen Echo around? I need to talk to him about some stuff." you ask politely. "Hey Cipher! He's off on an operation right now." she replied enthusiastically. "Damn. what's that you're working on?" you inquire. "Oh this? This is something that I've been working on to call all phones in the vicinity making them buzz and ring." she said. "That's really cool! Mind if I see how it works?" you ask. She hands you the tablet and you quickly run through the code. " She needs to annotate things better" you think to yourself. "This is some really out of the box thinking. But if I understand the code correctly, you should be able to decrease the compile time, and reduce load on your CPU by changing a few of theses statements here to something more like this." you show her on your laptop. "That's really clever Cipher. I never thought of that. It's nice to have someone who understands coding around here" she said "All in a day's work." you say. "If you ever want to bounce some ideas or need help, feel free to come see me." you offer. "I might just take you up on that" she giggled.

You arrive outside the training building right on time. Six starts to give you a debriefing. "We have an unknown number of hostiles inside the building, holding 3 hostages on the top floor. Your mission is to go in and remove the threat and secure the hostages. Any questions?" "No ma'am" you reply. "Good then you're the only one going in so you're dismissed." she said moving to the observation post. You carefully move around the outside and start scanning frequencies for information on what type of security they could be using. You find they're using 128 bit encryption on their radios. You continue to move along a brick wall as you come to a generator. You disable to generator and begin the crack of their radios. You climb into a vent near the generator to enter the basement. Once in, you gather that there are 2 in the basement. All the operators are much more worried about the darkness that has come over the place with all the windows and doors barricaded. You quietly climb out of the vent and take one guard out near the stairs and drag his body off to a small room. You then move to a doorway and listen and you hear some footsteps moving away from the door. You seize the opportunity and take out the last one in the basement with your knife as well. No one knew that you were in yet. You slowly move up a ladder to a garage and move through the corridor into an empty room. You were getting set to start the decryptor again when a hostile moved into the doorway in front of you. You quickly drew your silenced pistol and placed one right between his eyes causing him to collapse. You quickly moved over and caught his body and dragged it off where it would not be seen. You continue to move through the floors eliminating anyone that is left in your path. That left the top floor as the only one not cleared. Moving up the stairs you activate the decryptor and gather that there are 4 in the hostage room and 1 patrolling the corridor. You move around and silently take out the patrol and move to the door. The radios tell you that the hostages are in the back of the room. "Good, less chance of them getting hurt" you think. The rest of the hostiles are all behind various cover in the room. You ready a flash bang from your pocket and throw it right into the centre of the room, blinding all 4 enemies. You quickly take the corner, and notice that one is near the hostages, you take them down first with 2 well placed shots to the head, and then move to the others still blinded and deaf from the flash bang. Once the last one is down, you hear thumping underneath you. Backup must have arrived. You take over near the wall and decrypt the radios again. This time you toss your last flash bang down the stairs and take down the 5 on the stairs and spin around and pull out your sidearm and head shot the last one. Then the buzzer sounds and it is all over. 

 (I'll start with these 4 posts to see if you guys like them. If you do I have the next couple of parts that I can upload. I'll try to update as often as I can. Thanks for reading so far and be sure to let me know what you think!)