Chapter 28

Chanyeol kept driving for a long time. He kept thinking about hundred things at once. How can he just do that with Chaeyoung? Sure, he wanted her badly. Very badly. But he never wanted to hurt her. At least, he never did when he was sober or in his right mind.

He reached his house and got out of the car, slowly following the path leading up to the front door. For some reason, he didn't want to go in. His brother, Bambam would be waiting for him. He couldn't face him. He tried to tell him. Everyone did. But he was so lost. He dropped down on the front steps and pulled his hair in frustration.

"Why did you do this??" He questioned himself. He saw the fear in her eyes today. She was scared. Scared of him. How could he be so oblivious? He tried to control her and her life. Made living difficult for her. Hurt those who provided a little comfort to her. Was his condition so bad? So bad that he couldn't even see what she wanted?

Jungkook was right. If he really loved her, he would be happy to just see her happy. But he was greedy and selfish. He felt embarrassed. He was so cruel to Jungkook. So very cruel. But he forgave him. Just like that... The guilt and remorse in him doubled up. Tears pricked his eyes and in a few seconds he was crying.

He felt a hand rest on his shoulder. He looked up and saw Bambam, his expression stern but concerned. "Are you okay bro?" He asked, sitting down beside him. He shook his head. "I'm the cruelest person alive in this planet. Everyone tried to tell me. But I was so lost in my obsession that I couldn't see the truth." He sobbed.

"Chaeyoung doesn't deserve to be with someone like me. She should be with Jungkook. He truly loves her. I saw it in him today. She loves him too. But she's scared of me. And it's all my fault." He buried his face in his palms and cried harder, as Bambam put his hand around him to comfort him. "Don't be so hard on yourself Chan. You weren't yourself..." He said. "It's not a good enough excuse Bam. I could've been better if I had continued my treatment. But I was reckless. I didn't care and I lost one thing that made me happy. Chaeyoung..." He said.

"All's not lost you know..." A feminine voice said. Both Bambam and Chanyeol looked up and saw Chaeyoung and Jungkook standing in front of them. Chanyeol couldn't believe his eyes as she came towards him and crouched down in front of him.

"If you really want to get better... I suggest you go back to the treatment." She said. "Chaeyoung..." Chanyeol said. He glanced at Jungkook to see his reaction but was more surprised to see him smiling. "She's right." He said, when he noticed Chanyeol looking at him.

"Chanyeol... Look at me." Chaeyoung said, bringing back his attention to her. "Go back to continuing your treatment. I can see that you've realised what you were doing was wrong. If you don't want to lose everything, please focus on being better." She explained. Chanyeol listened to her carefully. He knows she's right. And he still loved her. "Okay. I will get better." He agreed. For her.

Chaeyoung smiled and stood up. "I'm glad you finally know what's right. I'm proud of you." She said. She walked towards Jungkook as he welcomed her in his arms. "I believe in you Chanyeol. I know you can do it." Jungkook said and they both turned around to leave.

Suddenly Chanyeol called, "Jungkook!" He stopped his steps and looked back. "Please take care of her..." He said. Jungkook smiled. "I will. But you have to take care of yourself too." Chanyeol nodded and watched them leave. Bambam patted his shoulder and asked him to come inside and rest.

Maybe it was a new beginning for everyone.

~•~•~•~

Jungkook and Chaeyoung sat in the car as he started driving.

"Do you want to eat something?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Jungkook..." She said. He hummed in response. "Can we go to Chanyeol?" She asked.

Jungkook was surprised to hear the words. "Why?" He asked.

"I want to talk to him. I think he has finally realised his mistakes. I feel like if we both talk to him, he will agree to go to therapy to continue his treatment..." She said.

"Are you sure? What if he doesn't agree?" He asked. He had little trust in Chanyeol now.

"I feel like he will if I tell him to. I really think he will." She said. "Let's just try please?" She requested.

Jungkook sighed. "Okay. If you're sure about that. But I'm coming with you." He said. Chaeyoung nodded as he turned his car towards Chanyeol's house. "Let me call Bambam and tell him about today. He'll keep an eye on him till we reach so that he doesn't do anything stupid." She said, as she searched her contacts.

"How did you know where Chanyeol and me were though? You weren't in the cafeteria today..." Jungkook asked finally. "Jimin told me what happened. So I followed you two here. But Chanyeol was too fast so I couldn't reach sooner." She said.

"Oh. That's great I guess." He said. "Yeah it is. It feels good to save a damsel in distress." She said. "Yah! What do you mean by that? You risked yourself while trying to save me from one punch." He said, offended. Chaeyoung chuckled. "Sorry. But I didn't know what else to do." She said.

"So... You saved the day today huh?" Jungkook asked as he dropped on his bed besides Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung giggled and shook her head. "I just did what I had to do." Jungkook cupped her face and kissed her forehead. "I'm so proud of my Chaeng." He said. Chaeyoung hit his chest and hid her face in embarrassment. "I'm serious though!" He said as he pulled her hands which covered her face. "You were really good today. From saving me from getting hit to comforting Chanyeol and convincing him to go to therapy... I'm so proud of you." He said as she admired her blushed face. She smiled hugged him, nuzzling her face in his chest. He kissed her head and pulled her closer as they laid there silently, just embracing the moment.

She inhaled his scent and relaxed. Everything seemed so right. She felt at peace, lying on his bed in his arms, without any worries. She felt genuinely happy. Knowing that Chanyeol was striving to get better made her feel relieved. Knowing that she had someone like Jungkook to support her and encourage her in every step made her feel pure bliss.

"Jungkook..." She called. He hummed. "I love you." She said. She heard him chuckle but pull her closer...

"I love you too Chaeng." He said.