Chapter 12 Going Out In Public

Start from the beginning

Because I couldn't. He made me realize it wasn't about looks, it was about trusting someone enough to let your guard down. How slowly or unconscious it might go. You trust someone enough to let your guard down. One you haven't let down for anybody.

What made me afraid was the tiny little fact Harry was that person for me. I thought the conversations we had were thoughtless. That we didn't share memories. But we did.

"Sam?" I suddenly heard Harry ask through the Head-Set.

"Yes?" I quickly replied putting the head set back on my head. "Would you want to go home with me? and maybe sleep with me?" I frowned. I'm not even sure if Sam wants that.

Yes, she would. But she tells me she likes him so much, so maybe she wants to take it slow. "No, I can't. I shouldn't." I told him.

"Oh, yeah I know why. But you promise me you will, one day." I sighed, knowing I'd have to promise this. otherwise they would break-up on the spot.

"I promise Harry. I promise." I mentally gagged. I heard him sigh in relieve. I think he came to the same conclusion as I did.

"Great. see you tomorrow babe." I heard him coming closer because I heard his breath in the microphone. I guess they kissed, but I had already laid my Head-Set down.

I pulled my knees up to my chest, everything felt so messed up. I'm not even sure how I feel about Harry, he's a huge jerk, yes. But when he's around Sam he gets all sweet, like he actually cares for her.

this went on for, around two weeks. sometimes Niall and Alex watched me preform. Harry and Sam went on dates, countless dates. I had to be with them, talking with Harry instead of Sam.

I always tried to ask why she wouldn't talk to him. She just avoided the subject, saying she was too shy. But could she still be shy about this? she says she loves him, yet she has only spoken a few words to him.

I know I'm a bad friend for doubting her, for thinking she's not speaking the truth. and I feel bad for it, I really do. But I just want to make sure she falls in love with him, and he with her.

Harry has asked her to sleep with her more then once. but I declined every time. Sam doesn't talk about this, all she talks about is Harry. and I hate it, because I don't like him.

"Scarlett?" Niall whinned. "can you please for one day put make-up on, because Alex wants to see how you look like." Alex nodded his head eagerly.

"I don't know." I would say no straight away. Niall and Alex had been begging me so many times, to try and look pretty. But I still didn't believe him. I could never be beautiful, so why try.

"hey, Scarlett." I closed my eyes, Luke was coming over. we've been talking, and it's nice. he told me about the band, and what happened to him after I left.

I did the same, leaving the part of me singing instead of Sam out of this. I liked Luke's company, we even hung out with the four of us. Niall, Luke, Alex and I.

"what ya talking about." he asked balacing back and forth on his feet his arms behind his back.

"we're ju-"

"we're trying to get her to put make-up on and brush her hair." for some reason I felt embarrassed when Niall told Luke this. I looked down.

"oh, but I know how we can get her to do that." Luke said cheerily. I looked up wide eyed and alarmed, knowing what he was about to do.

"No you won't." I pointed an accusing finger at him. he smirked.

"just need my phone." he took out his phone from his back pocket.