Chapter 18

(F/N)

   Hmmm, is it still nighttime? It's dark. I tried sitting up but failed because of the sudden jolt of pain from my stomach. I did several attempts to sit before finally deciding to just let myself lie and stare at the ceiling. Oh yeah... I must've been caught by the enemy now. They sure placed me in a very dark cell. Underground, maybe? No torches, not even windows where light could pass through. Good thing I'm not scared of the dark.

   Huh? My wounds have been... dressed already? Who did it? "I hope (H/n)'s able to reach Arslan and the others. The sooner the better." I tried to check if I have any weapons left on me, to which I found none. Where has my luck gone? "Waiting here won't get me anywhere but I can't move as much as I want. Guess I'll just sleep." That would be for the best, right? I still need to regain my strength. I'm not sure who has caught me but since I'm their enemy, they'll visit me anytime soon. They might torture me so while I still have the chance, I'll sleep. " I hope they won't throw a bucket of cold water at my face, that was the last thing in my mind before sleep consumed me.

ARSLAN

   We have arrived at Peshawar Citadel not too long ago. Saying that we were greeted by a warmly by the soldiers there and by Kishward and Bahman is bit of an understatement. I guess they are relieved to see us well, but the feeling is mutual. To be honest, when we regrouped, it was surprising to find that Narsus brought back a... er... wife. Our circle is growing, which is actually reassuring. She seems like a nice person. And (F/n)... She's not back yet. Is she hurt? Is she alright? Did she got wounded? Captured? I hope not.

   I sighed loudly, loud enough that it caught Daryun and Narsus' attention.

   "You're worried about her aren't you, Your Highness?" Narsus asked.

   "She may be strong but she's also a natural in getting into all sorts of trouble," I said.

   "Indeed. She's always been like that since she was young. But knowing her, she'll get through it. You need not worry too much, Your Highness, she'll be here before you know it," Daryun reassured.

   "I really hope so," I replied.

   "Well, if I based it on how I have known her, she may have dropped her map somewhere and got lost. For someone with good talent, directions are not her strong point," the strategist remarked.

   "That may be the case," the black knight added.

   "For now, let's all take a rest for there is a lot to discuss tomorrow. If she's still not back, we'll find her. Don't worry, she wouldn't have strayed too far from the path. (F/n) will at least know where to pass by in order for us to easily locate her," Narsus added.

   "Alright. You should also rest as well, Narsus, Daryun. The both of you were also worn out from the fight," I told them.

   "Sleep well, Your Highness," Daryun said.

   I nodded and then retired to my bedroom. Still, I can't help but worry for (F/n). For now, I can only hope that she really is alright.

(F/N)

   What did I say? What did I just say?! Now I'm drenched. Gasping and very drenched. I glared at the Lusitanian who threw a bucket full of cold water at me. Honestly speaking, I would've preferred it if they had just kicked me rather than this. I don't have extra clothes, damnit! I'm soaked! I hate being soaked. I think, the only thing I'm currently thankful is the torch that the other soldier is holding. That still doesn't change the fact that I'm wet.

   "She's awake!" the soldier shouted.

   "Well, well..." a voice of an unknown man, huh.

   "You bastard," I pushed myself to sit up, and I was finally able to. My voice is a bit hoarse right now. A result of sleeping in a stone bed without blankets. What do I expect? "Were you the one who ordered that I be woken up by having water thrown at me?"

   "It's because I know you hate it so much, (F/n)," he responded.

   How?

   "How did you know who I am?" I was dumbfounded.

   "How?" The man chuckled, as if I have said something funny. "How can I forget my dear cousin?"

   "Cousin?" I asked. Now that I think of it, his voice sounds familiar. Can't see his face though because he seems to be doing it intentionally to hide in the shadows.

   "You forgot about me already?"

   "Stop joking around! Step into the light and let me see your face, coward!"

   "As you wish."

   It didn't take long before I can see him fully. I felt my eyes widen. How can he be here? Why is he here? I didn't... He sided with the Lusitanian. This bastard!

   "Surprised?" he asked.

   "Yes, very much, you traitor!" I spat at him.

   "Traitor? In the first place, I never sided with Pars."

   "You!"

   "Enough with this! You'll come with me, cousin, I have some work for you."

   "I won't do it."

   "What did you say?"

   "I won't do it!"

   "Oh you will, dear cousin, if you don't want harm to come into your family."

   I can only grit my teeth in response. My family... He wouldn't! No, he would. That's the kind of man he is. For the sake of his ambitions, he will stop at nothing to acquire it.

   "Don't ever think of laying a finger on them. I'm warning you!"

   "I won't if you'll do as I ask."

   I don't think that he knows that I'm currently fighting for Arslan's side on this war. I know that he will have doubts since he found me fighting Lusitanians and I'm far from home but... This is not a simple fight to take back Pars anymore. This is a fight for the throne. This... If I'll be able to play my cards right, I'll be able to turn this situation towards Arslan's favor. But if I'll do as he says, that'll mean that I have to be their enemy. I surely am not but I have to act my part.

   This man... is cunning. I have to be careful. There's a possibility that he already knows. Although, this might come out advantageous. I'll try to curry his favor. What's more critical than an infiltration in their midst that may cause them to fall. Everyone, I hope that all of you are doing well. Attack from the outside, leave the inside jobs to me. This will be dangerous but I'll handle it. This might give them the wrong idea but oh well. I'll deal with it when I get there.

   "Then swear. Swear that you won't, no, you'll never do it."

   "Heh. You want reassurance that much, cousin? Very well. I swear that I won't harm them only, and only if, you'll do as I say. One wrong move and they're dead."

   I gulped. The game is on, bastard. I'll engrave it on your soul not to mess with the (L/n)s, most especially not to mess with me. I used my not-yet-fully-back strength to stand up. My stomach still hurts but I decided to ignore it. I looked at him straight in the eye.

   "Alright then. I'll follow you, Hermes."

-=-=-=-=-=-

Disclaimer:

I don't own Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan). It belongs to Yoshiki Tanaka and Hiromu Arakawa. I only own some plot changes and the like but most of the story (characters, places, etc.) belong to the authors.

-=-=-=-=-=-

A/N:

Hello, sweeties! Sorry for only updating recently. I've been really busy with school. It's now our summer vacation so I have time to make updates. I hope you like this chapter. Please continue to support the story. :D I'll began posting new chapters again. Look forward to it~