Chapter 6

(F/N)

   I let out a shaky breath. I must admit I'm quite nervous about this since she is skilled and I don't know what tricks she has on her sleeve. But still, there isn't any other way to get out of this situation safe. I've got to risk this.

   We move in a circular motion, eyeing the other's movement. No one daring to make a move first. This could take a while but... I've got to be careful. I know that the person who strikes first can get the upper hand but I may never know if it's a part of her plan to let me attack first. It may be the case since she is not attacking first. I let out a deep, quite sigh. I'm slowly getting annoyed by this no one making the first move. I better think of a plan fast. I must not waste time.

UNKNOWN GIRL

   I must say... Now that I have taken a good look at her, she seems very familiar like I've seen her once, maybe not only once though, in the past. Weird but somehow, her face and movements gives off a nostalgic feeling.

   I grinned a bit. Now, I'm seriously interested in her.

   "So, when will you attack me? Are you a coward or something?" I said to her teasingly. I just want her to attack me first so I'd be the person who will be on the defense. I smirked at my own thoughts. Then she will be too much focus on how to get through my defense that she will not know of the second dagger slowly inching its way to her. It'd be perfect!

   "Hey, coward, what are you waiting for?!"

   I'll annoy you nonstop until you attack me first. Now come, girl. I grinned widely at her.

(F/N)

   Is she getting irritated with me not attacking first? Then that's good. I also smirked at her. Now, now... It looks like this has become a contest of smirks, not funny.

   "Me? A coward? Maybe it's you! Since you are not attacking first also," I put a hand on my hips. My little finger was slowly removing my pouch's tie. "Why don't you attack first?"

   "And why don't you attack first?" I heard her say, voice filled with irritation.

   "Do you give me permission to do so?" I asked her teasingly. Slowly and carefully, I put my ring finger inside the pouch. Together with my little finger, I was successful in getting a small bomb. Now, stick with my plan.

   "Of course! You don't even need my permission to do so!" the girl exclaimed.

   "Well then..." As I said that, I removed the hand on my hip. I clenched my hand. Grasping the small bomb tightly, but not too much tightly since it might explode on me, I started running towards the girl, not to fast though so I'd be able to observe her actions. I saw her smiling happily at my actions. I then saw her go into a defense stance. I noticed that her left hand is slowly moving to her back. I knew it. She is just waiting for me to attack and who knew she had another weapon up her sleeve. It may be cliché but it's normal in a fight, to have a spare weapon.

   As soon as I was a foot away from her I stepped back. I saw a shocked expression on her face. I smiled and used my arm, that was not holding the mini bomb, to cover my face. I then threw the bomb at her feet. There was an explosion, not too small and not too big. I smirked. The girl's too naive. Did she really think that I'd go attack her first without any plans? I know that I was very much lucky this time. I really wanted to bang my head on the wall. I wanted to laugh at myself for nearly forgetting about the stuff I hid and brought in my clothing. Stuff are concealed weapons.

   As soon as the smoke starts to disappear, I slowly walk towards the unconscious girl. I placed the dagger back to it's sheath on my belt. I won! I kneel down and poke the girl. As I thought! Ha! The bomb that I made worked! The bomb that I infused with strong sleeping powder. And Narsus teases me that it does not work! Wait 'til he hears this! Upon securing that she passed out, I slowly reach out for her dagger.

   "Not yet. You haven't won yet!"

   I flinched. Did... she just spoke? I hastily reach for the dagger with my right hand but a hand grab my wrist. "Oh no you won't, girl."

   I decided that I should retreat to a safe corner but failed to do so because of her strong grip on my wrist. I pulled back my hand. I was panicking. It didn't work? My eyes widen. It didn't work!!

UNKNOWN GIRL

   As soon as I saw her cover her nose and mouth, I soon understood the situation but I was a little late in reacting. I was able to cover my nose and mouth but I had already inhaled some of the smoke. I stumbled and fell on the floor. I felt tired and sleepy and my body getting quite heavy. Sleeping gas? No. I must stay awake. I can feel my eyelids getting heavy. And that was when an idea popped up into my mind! I'll act as if I've fallen unconscious and then attack her and get her dagger. It should work! Since she'd be confident that her tricked worked. Time to test my trick. I saw her waling towards me. I must succeed before the smoke I inhaled take effect.

(F/N)

   I kept pulling my hand back to escape from her grasp when I suddenly felt the girl released my wrist. Due to the strength I was using to pull back my hand, I stumbled to the floor and laid on my back. It was not a strong impact but it surely distracted me. Soon, she was on top of me. A knee on my stomach to keep me from getting up. A knife on my neck. Her other hand reaching out for my dagger. If she gets that, I'm finished.

   "Who's naive now? I didn't think you'd fall for a trick like that," the girl said mockingly.

   "Like I'd let you win that easily!" Ignoring the pain because of her knee in my stomach, I reached out for my pouch. Luckily, a hand of mine was near my pouch so I was easily able to reach for another bomb. It's now or never!

   "I'm bringing you with me." And with that, I grabbed her hand tightly, not caring on how painful my stomach is now or the knife cutting a bit of my skin, and slammed the bomb to the floor. There was an explosion and smoke soon engulfed us. I pushed her off me as soon as I felt her weakened. I tried to sit but failed. I felt my body get heavier. I soon started to feel tired and sleepy. Great. The two of us will be unconscious. There's nothing I could have done in that situation anyway. I've got to risk this. I can feel my eyelids close. Whoever wakes up first, wins. And with that, I lose consciousness.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Disclaimer:

I don't own Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan). It belongs to Yoshiki Tanaka and Hiromu Arakawa. I only own some plot changes and the like but most of the story (characters, places, etc.) belong to the authors.

-=-=-=-=-=-

A/N:

I just want to thank minna-san for the votes and support. *bows down*

You guys don't mind if I put the girl's P.O.V. in right? I kinda just want her to have some thoughts in the chapter so at least minna-san would be able to know what she is thinking, not all though.

Anyways, stay tuned! 'Til the next chapter!