Chapter 2

(F/N)

  It's been 2 years. I wonder what those two are doing right now. I giggled at the thought. I really miss them. I smiled sadly.

   "(F/n)!" a young boy shouted.

   I turned to look at the source of the voice and I saw my cousin, Charles, running to where I am sitting. He looks somewhat excited. I wonder what happened...

   "What is it, Charles? You seem excited," I asked him.

   "(F/n), uncle Narsus has arrived. Elam's with him," a wide grin made found its way to my cousin's face.

   I stood up immediately and ran, at full speed, down the hill but stopped when I heard Charles laughed loudly. I looked back at him in confusion. Did he just tricked me?

   "Is there something wrong?" I crossed my arms and asked him.

   "You don't know where they are right?" he asked before laughing loudly again.

   Realization hit me and I started blushing of embarrassment. I sprinted to the hilltop and gripped my cousin's shoulders. "Say, where are they right now?" I asked, quite embarrassed.

   He smiled brightly. "They're at your house. They were looking for you."

   "Thanks!" I hugged my cousin tightly before letting him go and running down the hill again. I stopped and looked at him, "Don't tell anyone about what happened!" I yelled and ran as fast as I could to my house.

   As soon as I arrived outside, I saw two horses that were tied to a post. I smiled, knowing that Charles didn't trick me that Narsus and Elam were here. I took a deep breath and slammed the door open.

   "Hi, guys! Miss me?" I energetically said.

   "Welcome home, my dear," my mother greeted me with a smile. "These two were very excited to see you. They won't eat anything unless you arrive."

   I looked at the two and saw Narsus smile bashfully while Elam shyly scratched his cheek.

   I giggled at their behavior. "Are you, guys, gonna stay here for tonight?" I smiled widely at them.

   "Yes, we are," Narsus said.

   My eyes gleamed with happiness. "That's awesome!" I beamed.

   "We won't miss the festival like last year. We promised you, didn't we, (F/n)?" Elam smiled.

   I ran towards them and pulled them into a hug. I heard Narsus chuckle. This night is going to be fun.

    The streets are flooded with merrymaking villagers. There were lots of foods and drinks. Music can be heard anywhere. I smiled at the sight.  I felt a hand tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Narsus and Elam wearing the traditional attire of the (L/n) Clan.

   "You two look great," I said shyly.

   "And you too," Elam smiled at me and turned to Narsus. "Lord Narsus, if I may, there's something that I would like to buy."

   Me and Narsus looked at him. "Alright then, Elam," Narsus gave a slight nod at him.

   "I'll be back in a minute," Elam said before disappearing into the crowd.

   I looked at the night sky, closing my eyes, feeling the cold breeze. I wish Arslan and Daryun were here. I know that they would be happy to know Elam and Narsus.

   "Until last year..." I heard Narsus say. I looked at him and saw him looking at the sky. "I have never thought that the (L/n) clan still exists," Narsus said.