Chapter 7

UNKNOWN GIRL

   I can feel my head throb in pain. I let out a yawn and rubbed my eyes. When I opened them, I noticed that it was already morning. I begun to reminisce what has happened last night. I was remembering the last part of last night's happenings when I heard sounds of someone moving not far from me. I looked to my right and then saw the girl from last night. My jaw dropped when reality struck me. Well, if it isn't ol' friend (F/n)! I chuckled quietly.

   "No wonder her moves were very much familiar. I should've known that it was her."

   I stood up and let her be, but not before getting her dagger. I might need this later. I giggled at my thoughts. She deserves some rest anyways. I walked to the broken window and looked outside. I wasn't just looking and admiring the morning view, I was also looking out for enemies that may came into view. Soon, I felt her beginning to stir awake. What shall I do? Shall I play a trick on her?' Shall I tease her? Maybe I should. I grinned to no one.

(F/N)

   My eyes slowly opened but due to the sudden brightness, I closed them again. I put an arm to shield my eyes before I slowly opened them again, and allowed my eyes to adjust to the bright surroundings. Oh... It's morning. As I tried sitting up, a sudden jolt of pain rushed to my head making me lie down again. I groaned quite loudly.

   "Bad move, (F/n)." I heard a voice say followed by a chuckle.

   "Yeah..." I replied, pain visible in my voice. W-wait... How did that voice know my name? Furthermore, who is there?

   Ignoring the another wave of pain that rushed to my head, I hurriedly sat up and looked around. There in the corner was the girl, her back facing me. She is looking out on the broken window. Now that it is morning, I was able to see her appearance more clearly. My eyes widen when I was able to observe her more thoroughly. A blue scarf? She looks awfully familiar.

   "Who are you? How did you know my name?" I asked her.

   "Shouldn't you be the one who must answer my questions?" I looked at her confused. She must have sensed my confusion, her back is still facing me, and she laughed.

   "And why would I do that?" I spat at her. I've got admit, I'm not in a very good mood right now. This girl's statement plus the pain in my head is starting to get in my nerves.

   "No need to be angry so early in the morning, (F/n). Though I am very much saddened that you have forgotten me." There was a small hint of sadness in the girl's voice, or was there really? Forgotten? Who on earth would I forget?

   Another jolt of pain rushed into my head. I groaned loudly. "Ow!!" I held my head with both hands. I can feel the girl immediately rushing to my side. "Rather than bickering with me, you should've just rest you know, (F/n)!" the girl said, somehow... angry?

   I can feel her hold me in place. Despite the pain, I forced myself to get a good look at her now that she's beside me. I can feel my eyes widen again. "A-Alfreed?" I looked at her agape.

   "Surprise!" Alfreed grinned.

   "Idiot! I could've killed you last night!" I exclaimed. I still couldn't believe it. The girl was Alfreed, a childhood friend of mine and a very good sparring partner. It's been years since I last saw her.

   "Yeah, I know but you didn't, right? That's what counts," she said sheepishly.

   True but what if I have killed her last night. If it weren't for her skills, I would've been successful in doing so.

   "Do have any water, Alfreed?" I asked her. I am feeling thirsty and maybe it can help subdue the pain in my head.

   "Oh! Wait for a moment, (F/n), while I go get some." And with that she ran out of the house.

   "This is some unexpected turn of events," I said out loud followed by a deep sigh, which I soon regretted because it sent a sharp pain to my head that made me clutch my head again.

   "Oh great!" I exclaimed. The pain is worsening.

   "Painful isn't it?" Alfreed asked. I looked up at her and saw her holding two water skins. She handed me one and I drink it all up. It was refreshing. A contented sigh escaped my mouth. "That's better," I said.

   "Good." Alfreed too drank from her own water skin. "Your head's still painful?"

   "Not much now," I told her.

   "Great, now to begin the questioning!" she said excitedly.

   "Huh? What do you mean by th - " My questions was cut short when she flashed my dagger into view.

   "I won, you know," she said happily.

   I raised my hands in defeat. "Fine," I said. "What do you want to ask me?"

   "First, why are you here? I mean, it's very rare to see you outside of your village. You did not escape from your parents to embark on adventure did you?" she asked me, eyeing me suspiciously.

   "No! Of course not. Even if I would've wanted to do that, there's no way I would've done that. As for the reason why I'm here, I've told you that already last night that I was just looking for some place to stay, that's all," I told her the truth. There's no point in lying to Alfreed anyways since she knows if I'm lying or not. 

   "I guess I can believe in that. Second question, how come you're here? Your parents rarely allowed you to venture this far, no... They would never allow you to venture this far without a companion, right?"

   I do not quite get her question but I do get what she is asking. "I also do not know the reason. All I know is that they asked me to go to a friend's house and stay there for a while until the trouble and danger is gone, they say."

   "What trouble? What danger? Is there any problem in Ecbatana?" 

   "That I do not know, Alfreed. That I certainly do not know," I answered her sadly. I hope everyone is okay.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Disclaimer:

I don't own Arslan Senki (The Heroic Legend of Arslan). It belongs to Yoshiki Tanaka and Hiromu Arakawa. I only own some plot changes and the like but most of the story (characters, places, etc.) belong to the authors.

-=-=-=-=-=-

A/N:

Okay, so now you know who the girl is. Peace! *peace sign* I just wanted the reader and Alfreed be friends here. Sorry if it's short. Got some connection problems so I have to cut it short. Stay tuned for the next chapter, minna-san! ヽ('▽`)/