Horo and Scopus's Father is the Older Twin, while the 'Uncle' they mention is the Younger Twin. Apparently, for some reason, Uncle's wife left him. They have no children of their own too. The separation is something people have been expecting for a long time; if they are being honest. It is not like Horo and Scopus want to meddle with adults' matter; it is inevitable for them to know what people think when the adults rarely try to hide the gossips from the children.

Horo and Scopus heard the story from their Mother, who asked them to check on me. This twins that I know were shocked to learn that, after their Aunt-in-law left their Uncle's house, a woman moved in. That woman was my Mom too!

Horo and Scopus's Mother didn't say anything bad about it. She didn't gossip. She only told her children the fact. Yet, we can draw the conclusion ourselves. We are not that young and naive. Not anymore.

It is like puzzle pieces forming together to polish a picture. I tell this twins, "My parents have divorced. Around the time when I was admitted to the Hospital,"

Horo stares at me, "Was it a coincidence? It was also the time Aunt-in-law left Uncle,"

I shake my head, hesitating briefly before revealing what Dad recently told me, "Mom has always been waiting for your Uncle to leave your Aunt-in-law, or the other way around, I think. Mom...loves him,"

This piece of news Dad told me after Mom left made me felt glad that I had sided with Dad. Since the twins confirm that the man Mom loves is Horo and Scopus's Uncle, I think I may be able to string other clues together. The fact that Mom introduced us in the past, as childhood friends, adding to her intention for me to become the Rasalhague's Daughter-in-law. Or have one of the twins as her Son-in-law...

I don't like what I can see now. Ignorance surely will always be bliss.

Scopus frowns unhappily, "Why would Auntie do that? Divorcing your Father, left you, to be with...Uncle? People are talking about it now, in their circles,"

"How is your Father, Mercury?" Horo asks with sympathy

"Heartbroken," I murmur quietly, "Dad loves Mom. Because of that, he is willing to allow her to leave, so she can be happy,"

Scopus widens his eyes in shock, "What?" he asks breathlessly, "Why would your Father choose to let Auntie go so she can be happy? Isn't Auntie happy with your Father and you? You are her family!"

I end up giving a mocking smile, after I hear Scopus's question, "How could Mom be happy with us; when she takes the first chance she could to leave us?"

Horo and Scopus become silent. Horo then quietly discusses with Scopus about Mom's intention to matchmake us, the children, something I have kind of figured out. Scopus is not happy with the speculation about Mom's suggestion which they thought was done with our best interests in mind.

Yet, now that we know this kind of truth, it can't be denied that Mom might not entirely be thinking for our sakes, as a parent. We might still be willing to hear an explanation, but the seed of doubt has been planted and takes root.

Could it be, Mom has been using us, the children, for her own goal to approach the Rasalhague?

After a long uncomfortable silence, Scopus tells us, "I will never acknowledge her as our new Aunt-in-law,"